The Uneasy Truth

3RD POV

3 WEEKS LATER. THE STEEL.

As M/n was dealing with some problems inside the steel, a car pulled up the gates of the community. Jackie radioed M/n to come quick. He rushed to the gate to see Negan, but he was alone.

"What do you want? You aren't getting anything from us." M/n stated firmly. Negan sighed. "I just came to talk kid. I'll keep the bat in the car if that's what it takes."

M/n looked to Jackie. "Open the gate. Leave the bat in the car. And Jackie has to search you." As Jackie searched Negan for any extra weapons, Carl walked up to see what was happening. M/n smiled as he Carl walked up and took his hand. Negan took notice to this. "Didn't known you two were a thing."

M/n looked at him dead in the eyes. "What do want to talk about?" Negan looked around at the community then back to M/n. "Can we take this conversation more private? Just the two of us." Negan said. "Fine but Carl is coming with. Jackie watch the gate and radio me if you notice anything suspicious." M/n said then started walking to his apartment with Carl in hand. Negan followed quietly.

Negan sat in one of the chairs at a table in M/n apartment. Carl and M/n sat across from him. "Ok. Start talking. What did you come here to say?" M/n said as Negan was staring at Carl's necklace. M/n noticed this and slammed on the table. Negan looked over to him. "That necklace. I didn't know you had that." He said.

"It was my mom's. My aunt gave it to me. You know before you killed her."

"Yeah. Sorry about that. I didn't want to kill her. But she gave me no choice. You know how it is." Negan stated. "Did you come here just to say that? Or were you actually gonna say something worth noting?" M/n asked.

"I've been keeping this from you for such a long time, I think it's about time that you know. I'm your dad kid. That necklace belonged to my wife, your mother, Lucille. I wish I told you so long ago but I never found a good way because I thought you would never want anything to do with me. I guess this is still true. I hope you can forgive me." Negan said as M/n and Carl looked at him shocked.

"Wha- How... all this time? I have know you all this time and you decide to tell me now? We could have fixed so much if you just told me the truth. But I can't forgive you. You killed my family. I don't care if you are my dad. You should leave. Before I do something I may regret." M/n said angerly.

Negan looked at him then at Carl then got up and left the apartment. M/n picked up his radio and kept Jackie know that Negan was coming to the gate. He then put the radio on the table and walked over to his bed and sat down. Carl walked over and sat next to him. He grabbed M/n's hand and held it tightly.

"Are you okay? I can't imagine what this feels like."

"I'll be fine Carl. It's just weird, I've known him for years and he couldn't even build up the courage until now to tell me. It's just difficult to wrap my head around." M/n replied.

Carl and M/n heads looked at the door as Jackie barged in. "Hey sorry if I'm interrupting but Rick just radioed me and said he's on his way here with some of the others. What happened with Negan?"

M/n and Carl looked at each other then back to Jackie. "Well turns out that asshole is my dad. So you can kinda imagine how that went."

Jackie looked at speechless. M/n just chuckled a bit. "That's the exact reaction I thought you would have. Okay. Let's get going. Your dad should be here any minute."

Rick and some others approached the Steels gates. They walked through and greeted M/n and Carl.

"We have some information on a community Tara found. We're gonna go there. Can you help us convince them? That we need them to go against Negan and the saviors." Rick said.

"Of course Rick. I'm glad to do anything that can help win against that scumbag." M/n replied.

"Right before we got to the gate, we say Negan speed off. Luckily he didn't see us. What was that about?"

"Well, believe it or not that dickhead is actually my dad. He just told me." M/n stated.

Rick looked at him then to Carl then back to M/n. "Are you still willing to help us take him down?"

"Of course I am. He doesn't mean anything to me. Not anymore at least."

"Okay. Let's get going then." Rick stated. The group started gearing up with some weapons from the Steel. They knew getting one more community's support, they can take Negan down. It all landed if The Oceanside is willing to join.

The Oceanside......

A/N: Hello twd fans! Hopefully this was a somewhat okay chapter. And I hope I can end this book within the next 10 chapters or so. But until then, have a great day!