The Steel

*3rd P.O.V*

M/n started showing Carl around the Steel. Carl was a little skeptical about this place but he was glad he didn't get caught by the Saviors. Carl looked at M/n as he was talking to one of his people about a couple people going on a run and how someone wanted to talk to him."Hello? Carl?" M/n asked Carl to while shaking him slightly. Carl got out of his daze then looked at M/n."Come on. I want you to meet someone." M/n said as he started walking towards the gate.

"Jackie!" M/n yelled for a woman who was about in her early twenties and blonde white hair. She looked behind her and saw M/n and Carl. She walked over to them."So your awake huh? I'm Jackie. I'm second in command here at The Steel." Jackie said then put out her hand."I'm Carl." Carl replied while shaking her hand. Jackie smiled at Carl then looked at M/n."I think Jax is looking for you m/n. He went to the weapons storage." Jackie said. M/n nodded then walked away."So you must be pretty special if M/n brought you here. Not a lot of people are that... special." Jackie said."How long has this place been here?" Carl asked."Since the begin of all this shit. M/n and I built this place together. He saved me. He saved everyone here. Of course he was just a kid back then but he was strong. He taught us how to be strong." Jackie said then smiled.

Jackie looked at Carl's eyepatch. "How did that happen?" Carl looked at her and then at the ground then back at her. "This guy who used live in our community shot me. But he's dead now." Jackie nodded and then smiled. "Once your ankle is fully healed I'll take you back to your community. And perhaps after that, we could help each other out. Does your people work with the Saviors?" Jackie said. Carl looked at her and nodded. Jackie sighed. "Those people have been trying to make us apart of them for awhile now. Last time they did, people died. But not on our side of course. Perhaps we could help you take care of them, once and for all."

M/n returned and looked at Jackie and Carl. "Looks like you two are getting along." M/n said. Jackie looked at Carl then smiled. "Yeah we are. Well you should show him around more. And probably where he will be sleeping." M/n nodded then looked at Carl. "Come on. I need to show you something." M/n said then starting walking towards where he just came from. Carl followed him to some houses where people are loading supplies in. M/n stopped and looked at Carl. "I suppose Jackie told you about what happens with the Saviors. We've been preparing to fight them and bring them down. I have a man on the inside of the sanctuary. His name is Dwight. He wants to take down Negan more than any of us." Max said. "Let me show you where your going to sleep." M/n then led him to a little apartment.

"This is my building. There is an extra space. So I can keep an eye on you. I mean who wouldn't want too." M/n said as he entered the building. Carl just looked at him then walked in. Carl looked at the stairs and wondered how he would get up there. He then felt himself get picked up off the ground. M/n picked him up bridal style and carried him up the stairs. He put Carl down and looked at him. "You didn't complain about me holding you this time. That's good. You should get used to it." M/n said. Carl blushed then looked away. "Come on let's go." He opened a door to a pretty nice clean apartment. "This is my room. Your room is over." He said then led Carl through another door. This room was a little bit smaller but still very good. Carl looked at M/n. "Thank you. For everything." Carl said. Max smiles. "No problem. It's my pleasure. There is a bathroom over there. Unfortunately there is only one so we have to share it. And since it's in your room, don't be weirded out when I walk out of the bathroom in only a towel. There is also clothes in that drawer, which are some of mine, so they might be kinda big. But other than, enjoy. Take a shower." He said then left Carl alone.

Carl looked around and decided to take a shower. He took one and put on some new clothes. And they were big on him. He decided to sleep since he was walking around all day. He laid down and wondered if his people think he's dead. He pushed those thoughts aside and thought about this place and the people here. He thought about what Jackie said about working together and defeating the Saviors. But then he thought about what she said about M/n. And how he saved everyone when he was just a kid. How could a kid save everyone? He started thinking about Max. His cheeks started going red when he thought about somethings M/n said about him. He decided to sleep and tho l about everything later.

A/N: hello everyone. I am very sorry about not posting. I've been trying to write everyday but it's hard since I am now in high school and I don't have time. But now since I have been in high school for a little i am able to make time for writing. So hopefully more parts will be on there way. I'll probably write more this weekend. And sorry if this chapter carried on. And of course if you liked this chapter please vote and comment it would so much to me. I hope everyone has a good day and goodbye. Levi out!