The Doctor

3rd POV

The group pulled up to the front gates of the Steel. Jackie was waiting for M/n on the other side of the gate.

"Glad you're here. We wanted to wait to bury Maddie until you got here. Who are the people?"

M/n looked back at the others. "That's Rick, Carl's dad. Michonne, Morgan, Tara, Jesus, and Sasha, There was also Daryl but he went off to look for one of their own." Jackie looked at them and smiled, then looked at Carl.

"Our doc was wondering where you went. She wanted to change the bandages on you're eye and see how the ankle is doing. You all should come meet her. It would be best if you all knew her. She likes to check on people when they come in. She's kinda like the group mom around here." Jackie stated to the group. M/n looked at Carl.

"Does it feel any better?" M/n asked him. Carl nodded yes but the group still headed towards the doctor anyway. Once they arrived inside, a women turned around and greeted them.

"Hello there folks. The names Dr. Zoe Wood. I heard about you guys from Carl. Scary bunch aren't ya. Been through a lot." The middle aged women said. The group looked at each other then back to the doctor. The doctor smiled and looked at Carl.

"C'mon Carl. Sit, lemme see how the ankle is doing. And I should check the head because of the fall and I need to change the bandage over the eye." Zoe said as Carl sat down on one of the beds. Rick looked at the doctor as she took off the ankle bandages and then looked at M/n.

"How did you get this place started anyway? The people here really look up to you. They seem like they would follow you anywhere." Rick asked him. M/n just looked at him and sighed.

"Me and Jackie started this place together. Along with my aunt and uncle. They raised me since my parents failed at doing it. I don't really remember them that much. We lived here. Military came in and took down the freaks in the area quickly. So they helped us build up some of the walls. But they went out to try and see if they could find anything. They never came back. So we had to figure out how we would survive. And lucky enough we were able to find the soldiers cars who helped us and found out there was a bunker not to far from this town. Small but had a lot of food, water, guns, you name it. So we hauled it here and we all began training on how to shoot and fight. And we have just been able to survive since then." M/n stated.

Rick and the others looked at each other. Zoe and Carl just looked at the group and back to each other. "You're ankle should be fine within the next few days. You should be able to walk without the crutches now. But it will be with a limp. So best be careful when walking." Zoe said with a smile.

The group left the doctor's house and went to the armory. M/n knocked on the door to a very small apartment with a garage door. A man opened the door. "Hey Jax. I'm letting them check out the armory. Can you bring them? I need to talk to Carl for a minute. Alone." M/n said.

'Of course boss. Right this way will y'all. Nice to meet ya." Jax said as he brought everyone inside. M/n looked to Carl and took his hand. "Come on. I want you to see something."

M/n led Carl to his apartment and went to his bed to grab a box from underneath the bed. Carl looked at him in confusion. M/n put the box on the bed and opened it. "Come and sit. I want you to have this. It belonged to my mom."

It was a necklace that contained a shark tooth and the initial L. "I always believed that my mom's name started with an L because of this. My aunt really never told me anything about her. Not even her name. Didn't want me to search for her. I kinda just assumed my parents died in all this. But I would have liked to meet them. Even if it was just once. This necklace is the only thing I will ever have of them. And I want you to have it. It has always brought me luck. Hopefully it can bring you some too."

Carl smiled and put the necklace on. M/n looked at him with a smile then kissed his hand. "Come on. Let's go get your family and Jackie. We need to discuss on how we take down Negan."

M/n and Carl headed back to the armory where they ran into Jackie.

"Jackie. We need to have a talk with you and the others. Can you get them from the armory and bring them to the meeting hall?" M/n asked. Jackie nodded and went ahead.

The group discussed as many plans as they could on how to take down Negan. And after a bit, they decided to head back to Alexandria. They were all by the front gate when Carl approached Rick. "I'm gonna stay here. Make some more strategies with M/n and Jackie. Is that okay?" He asked his father. Rick looked at M/n and called him over. "Carl is going to stay here. Please make sure he stays safe and with you."

M/n smiled at Rick. "Of course. I won't let anything happen to him."

The group left the community with three radios. One for the kingdom, hilltop, and Alexandria, just for M/n to make sure they are safe and in case of Negan attacking.

As the sun set, M/n and Carl ate dinner with rest of the community of The Steel in the meeting hall. Many of the kids were running around and playing. As many people were finishing up, Jackie looked to Carl and M/n. "Is that your mom's necklace?'' M/n looked up from his plate to look at her then to Carl then back to her. "Yeah I wanted Carl to have it. I never wear it so."

Jackie smiled at the two then got up. "Well I need to get going. It's game night with Jax and the doc. Do y'all wanna join?" She asked. "Nah we'll skip for now. Next time. Promise." M/n said with a smile.

And when M/n and Carl finished up their food, they headed back to their shared apartment. They changed into some pajamas and crawled in bed to lay next to each other. They looked at the ceiling until Carl spoke up. "Do you think people can change after being bad for so long?" M/n looked at him questionably. "I think it depends on the person and if they even want to change for the better. Why do you ask? Do you think Negan will?" He asked. Carl sighed and looked him. "I don't think he will but you never know. You have known him for a long time. He was even like this at the beginning you said. I think some of his people can change. The ones that were forced to join. That's who I think will and can change."

M/n smiled. "Carl Grimes, you are a great person, you see the good in people when others don't. But some people, like Negan, more than likely will not change. And if they don't, we can just get rid of them." M/n said. Carl smiled at him. M/n leaned in and gave him a small peck on the lips. "Let's get to bed. It's late." M/n said as he turned the lamp off next to the bed. They fell asleep quickly, embraced in each others arms.

A/N: Ayo long time no see. I hoped this chapter was okay. And obviously you can tell by now that this is no longer has my oc in it but for your own character to be in. I did try my best to edit the previous chapters to replace the name with M/n but there still may be a few max's here and there so sorry bout that. I shall try to get the next chapter out as soon as possible, I have already started working on it and shall try to make it longer than this one. I would like to finish this book as soon as I can. But nonetheless I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter. See ya in the next one. Peace!