a thank you

*shaky exhale*

    Okay, I'm going to try to pull myself together enough to string this together. My hands are shaking right now, and my lips keep pulling back into the widest smile but I'm going to try.

    First, I want to sincerely thank every single one of you who have come along on this journey with me. Your support means more to me than I could ever put into words and though I initially embarked on this journey to write this book for me and only for me, I am so happy we've built this small and friendly community around it. Your messages, comments and votes – not to speak of the words of encouragement have really been a contributing factor to the joys of writing this not-so-little piece of YA.

    Though it's probably riddled with imperfections, and in a dire need of editing, I am so proud of myself for writing this. I poured myself into this, and I never expected just how gratifying it would be. I've always loved to tell stories, from such a young age I didn't even know how to write yet, but now I think I didn't truly fall in love with storytelling until this. And I am so grateful to Avery and Ethan for giving that to me.

    Last year was interesting. For a lot of us I imagine, still is for a lot of us too. But the fact remains that if all of my plans hadn't been thrown of their axis last March – if I hadn't had to cancel flights (ouch) to faraway places, if my place of work hadn't had to cut their opening hours in half –, I would never have been forced to slow down. And trust me, slowing down was very needed. With both feet back on earth, things happened. Like this. Wrong Quarterback happened. So for that part of it all, I am grateful.

    Now to speed this up, I just want to pretend I'm an actual author and thank some people.

    First, to my sister who has had to listen to me ramble on about this book forever, if you ever read this – thank you for everything (and I'm sorry I stole Fallin' For You by Colbie Caillat from your playlist for WQ's soundtrack).

    To the friends I've made through this process, I love you so much, thank you, thank you for your support (even during the days I messaged you to say you don't have to pretend to like my writing just because we're friends).

    Because I can, thank you to Taylor Swift for making music that's perfect to write to. I've never written a bad chapter while wearing my folklore cardigan (wearing it right now), also thank you for just being awesome.

    To my horse B (yes I'm thanking my horse, go with it), who has to listen to my tone-deaf renditions of said Taylor Swift songs during our rides and who's been a vital part of me keeping sane during this whole process.

    And to you (again) my dear readers who I love so so much. You are the very best. I am so grateful for you, more than words can say.

    Now, if you, like me, aren't quite ready to say goodbye to Avery and Ethan or the other characters in this universe, I would suggest you keep this book in your library for potential bonus chapters, spin-off announcements and other fun stuff. Or just – I don't know, follow me and you'll be kept up to speed either way.

    Again, thank you.

    Much love, yours always

    Linn.