wrong quarterback

ABOUT

There are three general truths every Acebridge inhabitant knows by heart.

First, if you're on a hunt for the greatest latte in North Carolina, Beans & Bagels just off Main Street is the place to go.

Second, the color that paints the exterior and interior walls of the ice cream parlor by the beach is a deeply horrifying shade of blue.

And last, but not least, Ace Easters and Acebridge Westers do not – and should not – mix. After all, the generations-long rivalry between Acebridge's two high schools is the most prominent and soul fueling tradition of the quaint coastal town.

In other words, Avery Waters should absolutely not go around kissing Ethan Taylor.

Avery Waters is sure she is in for the best and worst summer of her life.

Having landed the internship of her dreams at a local indie book publisher, she cannot be more thrilled.

However, the dent in her bubble comes in the shape of her close knit group of friends all having spectacular plans of their own – leaving her behind all alone in their hometown for the entirety of their last summer break before senior year.

As if such misery isn't enough, Avery finds her life becoming intertwined with no other than Ethan Taylor – the rival school's quarterback and not only her best friend's but her entire school's enemy. The more time she spends around him, the more she sees of the boy beneath the stoic surface and maybe, just maybe, she doesn't despise him after all.

♡♡♡

NOTE

aah! I'm so excited to bring this very new version of 'Wrong Quarterback' into the world.

as much as this story is a twist on the 'forbidden romance/modern romeo & juliet' trope, it's also a story of family, friends, heartache and finding one's footing while at an overall chaotic age. it's also me writing something that makes me smile and hopefully will make you smile too.

I love these characters so much and I'm so ready for you to meet them.

without further ado, enjoy!

♡♡♡

Copyright © 2014. © 2020. Linn W. Eklund/-linnwrites. All rights reserved.

this is a work of fiction, all characters and events are fictional and similarities to real events, people or other fictional stories are simply coincidental.