8.

*18+ warning- this chapter has smut!*

Since lol had laid down the news to the band, they had been spending almost all of their time finishing demo, practicing sad songs and preparing to make the record. They had been busting their asses for a month now- robert was starting to feel confident in their abilities to play together. He thought that maybe they had a chance to actually make a decent record. 

Robert had been keeping himself busy with Mary, making sure not to focus on Simon too much. Robert tried to prolong the news about him being official with Mary for as long as he could; but when he finally had to confess the truth- he couldn't help but notice the small frown on Simon's face.

Robert told himself that he was just seeing things though, Simon was his friend, and only his friend. He knew it, Simon was just affectionate.

Robert was at lol's place again- he had been spending an increasing amount of time over there. Robert was on the phone, listening to Rita complain about him never being home anymore. “Mum, honestly I don't have to be home 24/7. Just drop it, honestly” robert snapped, getting irritated by his mother’s constant nagging. Robert huffed, listening to Rita chew his ear off before simply hanging up. 

I swear she still treats me like I'm a kid. Robert thought bitterly, walking back into the living room where lol sat with simon; smoking a blunt and talking about the studio guy they were supposed to meet. “He is a really cool bloke, I think you’ll like him simon. You two have the same kind of energy” lol said, motioning to simon who was manspreading on the very end of the couch. “Don't know what you mean by that” Simon grumbled sarcastically, his dark eyes lifting to gaze at Robert when he entered the room.

“Want a hit?” Simon asked, flashing a coltish smile to robert. 

Robert chuckled and walked over, taking the blunt and sitting in between lol and simon. “So what time are we supposed to see that studio guy again lol?” Robert said, taking a drag before sinking further into the couch and letting the toxic smoke slowly exit his lungs. Sure, since meeting simon he had been smoking more pot; that didn’t mean anything though. His mother was just a worry wart. 

“Tomorrow, around midday” lol said, stretching out and making himself comfortable before lifting his beer to his hand. Robert nodded his head before handing the blunt back to Simon, “do you think we are ready? I mean this is a big step..” robert said, sounding a bit hesitant. “Of course we’re ready, we have been working our arses off for over a month on this record. It’ll be great rob '' Simon reassured with a gentle edge to his voice, burning the edge of the blunt while to take a drag.

Suddenly though Simon choked and started coughing, to which lol laughed and Robert covered his mouth. “Bloody hell si- you’ve been smoking longer than robert and you still choke!” lol laughed, shaking his head. “Ah shut it lol” Robert laughed, rubbing Simon's back to soothe him. Simon glared at the two, whipping his face since his eyes started to water. “The both of you are idiots” Simon barked, setting the blunt down in an ashtray before grabbing a pillow and chucking it right at robert.

Robert yelped and ducked, just barely missing the pillow. Lol screeched as the pillow smacked him hard in the face, making Simon laugh. “Oh you bastard!” lol grinned, grabbing the pillow and starting a full on pillow war on simon. Robert just sat and watched in amusement of his friends, pulling his knees up to his chest. Robert hadn’t felt this content in years, he was glad he agreed to go to that stupid party with lol.

Robert sat there for a moment before suddenly realizing that Simon was sending him a devilish smile. “Si… don't you dare” Robert warned, setting his legs down; watching as Simon lifted his pillow. “Don't do what robert??” Simon grinned, starting towards Robert with lol now following him. Robert realized that he was about to be forced into this pillow fight.