Thank You for Being Born - Xiao x Reader

A/N: Happy birthday to my favourite boy T-T

By the time Xiao arrived home, you were already sound asleep.

He called your name, but when you did not respond, the first thought that came into his head was, they finally left me.

He clenched his jaw. He always knew you could find someone better than him—someone free of the burdens he had, someone who was able to stay with you more than they were away, someone who was able to put you as their number one priority.

But all of Xiao's worries melted away when he entered the kitchen and saw you, fast asleep, your head resting on the table. Beside you, a beautifully arranged plate of tofu was waiting for him.

They're going to catch a cold if they sleep here, Xiao thought, grabbing a blanket from the next room and draping it around your shoulders. As he looked at your sleeping form, he felt a burst of happiness spread in his chest. He leaned close to you, brushing your hair off of your forehead so he could place a chaste kiss against your skin.

"Mm...Xiao?" you murmured sleepily. Your eyelids fluttered open to see your lover, smiling softly at you.

"Sorry. Were you waiting for me?"

"It's fine...Oh!" You straightened up, so fast the blanket slipped off of your shoulders. "Happy birthday, Xiao!"

Xiao blinked at you in surprise. "You remembered."

"Of course I remembered! This is for you. I know it's not much of a present, and you could probably make way better, but—" You were cut off when Xiao grabbed you, pulling you against him in an embrace. He was squeezing you so tightly it almost hurt, and you could feel his breath against your neck. "X-Xiao?"

"I love you. More than I know how to say."

You smiled, wrapping your arms around his waist and leaning into his warmth. "I love you too. Thank you for being born."

"Thank you for being here to celebrate it with me, my love."