Chapter XVI

"Just kill me" she mumbled over & over in her sleep. She was drenched in sweat. Devin stood in the doorway watching her,  hoping it would pass. It wasn't until she began to scratch herself that he knew he had to wake her.

Devin climbed into the bed and restrained her wrist knowing she'd accidentally hit him if he didn't hold her down. After all, it wouldn't be the first time. "Z!!"

"No, no. I hate you!"

"ZENDAYA!!!" He slightly shook her and her eyes shot open. She began to swing and panic when she realized her arms were pinned.

"Mamas stop!" Her eyes adjusted in the darkness and she quickly relaxed.

"Devin" tears ran down her face. "I-"

"I know. I know. Shhh. It's okay." He reached over to the dresser and grabbed her hair tie so he could put her hair in a bun.

"I'll be back okay." He stood up but she grabbed his wrist.

"Don't"

"Come on" he picked her up bridal style.

"Did I hit you again?" She mumbled into his neck.

"I wasn't  in the bed with you" he sat her on the bathroom sink.

"Devin,  I'm sorry about earlier."

"I know" he ran her a bubble bath. "It doesn't matter anymore. You not going nowhere. Neither am I. We stuck with each other, okay?"

"Okay" she looked down at her hand.

"Arms baby girl."

Zendaya lifted her arms up and Devin pull his T-shirt off her body. "You gonna make me go shopping you keep sleeping in my shirts"  he picked her up and sat her in the tub.

"Can you get in please?"

"You sure?"

"I Just need to feel you Devi."

Devin took no time stripping down and sliding in behind her. "You wanna talk about it?" He took her hair tie and made the bun tighter on her head.

"No" she quickly answered.

"Baby"

"Devin, please" she leaned her head against his shoulder.

"Okay." He kissed her temple. "I'm here"

"I know baby"

Devin massaged her shoulders. He could feel all of her built up tension. Before long Devin was hearing light snores. He chuckled before slowly standing up and picking her up out the tub. He dried her off the best he could while still holding her up and trying not to wake her.

Devin laid her on the bed and went to his closet to grab one of his shirts. He gently pulled the shirt over her body and pulled the covers over her. Standing over her he slightly smiled. "You really can fall asleep anywhere can't you?" He tucked a lose strand behind her ear.

"This shit crazy." He shook his head "I..I love you" he whispered before kissing her forehead and laying next to her.

"I love you too Devi." She snuggled into his side. Her eyes fluttered open to look at him.

"Bro you gotta stop doing that shit." He laughed before kissing her lips. "Yo ass always faking sleep."

"I was sleeping but you were moving me around like a rag doll and talking a lot" she laughed through a yawn before her face got serious. "You love me?" She questioned in a whisper.

"I do" he placed his forehead against hers.

"How?" She rubbed his cheek

"How could I not? I've watched you fight and claw you make your life yours again. You are strong, intelligent, creative, beautiful and funny. You came into my life like a bulldozer , you broke down walls I didn't even know I had up and I'd let you break them down all over again. You put your life on the line for me. You have this weird obsession with not being worthy, or being a charity case and you are beyond wrong. Your past doesn't define you. You deserve happiness, love, and everything you ever wanted out of life and I'm gonna be the one to give it to you."