Chapter XVII

2 weeks. It has been two weeks since Zendaya and Devin had even slept in the same bed or spent time alone. Zendaya was back in her own home closed off from the world. All she did was work and come home. Devin and her was very much still together but she distanced herself in fear of pulling him into another fucked up situation.

Zendaya laid on her couch  ignoring the knocks on her front door. "I know your home Zendaya! Your car is in the driveway." She sighed looking up at her ceiling.

Her phone chimed and it was the daily message she would receive from Devin.

Devi 🌏🍯: Baby girl, I love you. I'm here when you're ready.

"Zendaya! I will kick your door in."

She screamed in frustration and stomped towards her front door snatching it open. "Keith what?!"

"Why you not answering the damn phone for anyone?" He questioned

"I'm fine" She tried to close the door but he just pushed it open letting himself in.

"Really?? Because you look like shit. And what is that smell- for real?? You can't take ya damn garbage out?" He went into the kitchen, tied up the bag and sat it on her porch. "Bro how old is this food?" He opened the pizza boxes and Chinese containers.

"What do you want?"

"When's the last time you seen your therapist?"

She shrugged "not really your concern. What are you doing here?"

"Time has been added for the illegal phone in his cell not only that but no amount of good behavior will get him released Z. Stop dwelling on this, he no longer gets to control your life okay?"

"You don't know him." She mumbled.

"He's in there for life."

"Sure"

"ENOUGH. Get up go take a shower and get dress. NOW!" He yelled.

"Boy, this my house."

"I will drag you out of here looking exactly how you look and smell and I know you don't want that."

"You wouldn't." She challenged.

"You don't know me."

Zendaya got up stomping up the stairs and came back 40 mins later to find Keith had cleaned up her place and took her the trash to her cans outside. "Now what??" She questioned with an attitude.

"Go get in the car."

"Why?"

"Go." He straight faced her.

The car ride was silent. Not a awkward silence but a comfortable one with Brent Faiyaz playing softly in the background. After 30 mins she realized where he was taking her.

"Why?" She questioned

"You need him." Was all he replied with.

"Why you tho?"

"Look I know he has your heart. I don't stand a chance. I see the way you look at him, the way he looks at you. I like you, I'd jump at the chance to be with you but I care about you to much to keep you to myself when I know this could all be fixed with Devin. He's your happiness and I respect that." He said as he pulled up to Devins house.

"So." She looked at him.

"So" he replied.

"Friends?" She held out her hand.

"Friends" he gently grasped her face and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. "For now"

She sat there staring at him unable to move, not knowing what to say behind the action and statement.