Chapter X

Zendaya

I nodded to 6lack pretty little fears as Devin drove us back towards my apartment. I could've feel Devin looking over at me every couple of mins.

"What??" I asked as he pulled up in front of my house.

"I'm loving your light, vulnerable. Letting guard down is honorable. Specially when the past ain't been that friendly to you, but there's magic in that. You the flower that I gotta protect and keep alive in the wintertime-"

"Devi stop" I covered his mouth with my hands. I knew my cheeks were red and I was trying to hide my smile. A smirk was on his face as he caught back up with the song. I covered my face with my hands as he continued J Cole verse.

"You can confide in me
I can take the weight up off your shoulder blades and try to store the pain inside of me
Like, why the world do you like that?
Like they don't know you, God sent, but me, I view you like that
I'm sneaking glances, thanking God that he drew you like that..."

When he finished I removed my hands to see he was looking at me with sympathy in his eyes. "I'd take all your pain away if I could Z"

"I believe you" I mumbled.

"You've been quiet the whole way... wassup?"

"That..." I sighed as I looked out the window. "I wanted to avoid talking to her."

"Don't you think she deserves -"

"Deserve what?? My forgiveness? A chance to tell me why she decided to be a mother today?? Or is it that I should be thankful she put cameras in my house without my knowledge??"

"Those cameras turned out to be helpful."

"Devin if you think that's the point then you don't get it. She can't just decide to be a mother again after 10 years."

"Babygirl I get it but don't you wanna know what she has to say."

"No" I finally reached for the handle to get out his car.

"Hey..." he stopped me "5pm right?"

"I'll be ready" I kissed his cheek.

"What ... what in the - what was that??

"What you mean?" I looked at him confused.

"Are we six?? You better kiss me like you mean it."

"Devin my mom is literally staring-"

"I'm not tryna hear none of that" he put his finger under my chin and bought my face closer to his until his lips brushed mine. I sucked in a breath which caused him to smirk before fully kissing me. I leaned further into him as he deepened the kiss. "5pm mamas" he said as he pulled away.

"Yeah" I blushed before finally getting out the car. Remembering who was waiting for me my smile disappeared.

"What are you doing here mom??"

"I paid for this place" she snapped back.

"Look if you came here to do the back and forth thing we usually do.... I'm not in the mental state to deal with it."