Chapter VI

Devin walked over to her and took the phone out her hand. "You don't have to answer that" he tossed the phone on the couch and grabbed her face in his hand.

Devin looked at her with worried eyes. "You're hyperventilating mamas. Look at me beautiful, I'm here I'm not going anywhere."

He pulled her into his chest and kissed the top of her head. "I think you should tell the officers that Donte tried to contact you just now."

Remaining silent she nodded her head  and turned her flash on before walking over to the door.

"You okay Ms.Coleman?? I'm sure the lights will be on soon"

Zendaya didn't respond. Instead she turned her phone around to face him as it started to ring for the second time.

"Go back inside. We'll notify Keith and keep an eye out. Under no circumstances do  we want you communicating with him until Keith is  back in town." Officer Bailey said in a stern voice.

"What if -"

"Under no circumstances"

Zendaya jumped as thunder roared "ok" she closed the door.

"I'm not gonna let anything happen to you" Devin said as he walked over wiping her tear stained face.

"God, why am I crying" she laughed through the tears.

"Because you're scared and that's okay" he pulled her into a hug.

"Devin-"

Her phone begin to ring again and they both looked at it. "I say answer it" Devin shrugged.

"They said I shouldn't."

"What do YOU wanna do?"

Her thumb trembled as it hovered over the answer button. She leaned into Devin comforting hand on her lower back before answering. "Hello?" Her voice shook with fear.

"I'm gonna kill you...... and him."

"How did you - you've been watching me" Zendaya shut her eyes and took a deep breath. "He has nothing to do with this. It's between me and you" She replied with some strength in her voice.

"I told you not to let that little ass job get you in some shit. Now look at you, soon to be 6 feet under."

"What do you want Don???"

"Come downstairs" he whispered. Zendaya could almost hear the smirk in his voice as thunder roared. Slowly she walked over to the window. Lighting lit up the sky and there he stood waving before everything went dark again. "Bring the light skin nigga with you"

Zendaya turned around to look at Devin only to find him putting on his shoes. "D, where you going?" she stood in front of him with her hands on his chest. No response came from him, instead he gently moved her out his way and headed for the door. "Devi!"

"This light skin nigga about to put him on his neck" he pulled the door open only to find this path blocked by an officer.  "Nobody is allowed out of the room." he said with a stern voice.

"I don't live here. Why tf you worried about where I'm going when the nigga you looking for is causally outside standing in the rain like he Omarion in you got served. I'm not lil saint so he damn sure not doing it for me. Your priority is her not me."

"He's been handcuffed and put in the back of a squad car already." The officer turned his attention towards Zendaya. Keith is cutting his trip short he'll be back tomorrow morning for interrogation. Relax for the night. Maybe you can finally get some sleep knowing he isn't out there freely.