Part 295

-Authors POV-

Cheryl grasps Julie's hand as they make their way up the large stone staircase. The Tweedy-Walsh home was something out of a luxury publication, a home too vast for the family, but it was perfect and it was somewhere they could all escape in. The privacy that surrounded the premises left unwanted visitors from getting anywhere near their safety.

Cheryl stops in her tracks before letting themselves in.

"Let us see your cheek" She speaks with a soft and gentle tone. The loud shouts and screams from her earlier episode are long and forgotten. Julie understands; she's forgiven her Mam.

"Mam, it's fine" Cheryl ignores her daughter and examines the large red tint, the print of her palm stained to her daughters cheek. Her heart shatters at the sight, pouting her lips - she kisses the pain away. Pressing her trembling lips against the evident anger.

"I'm sorry" She apologizes again, the words have been repeated over and over again, all throughout the car journey back home.

"Mam. It's fine, can we please drop it now?" Julie rolls her eyes with annoyance, she's sick of hearing the apologies. She more than deserved that slap; the words she shouted at her Mam were uncalled for. I should have heard her out before spitting those words at her. Somewhere deep down Julie was beating herself up for the way she spoke to Cheryl, she knew her Mam loved her.

"Yeah, okay.. Come on." They enter the home; Cheryl was expecting to walk into silence. She can hear Bella shouting and laughing loudly, frowning she walks to the front room.

"What in gods name! Bella! Get down from there!!" Bella is stood on the dinning table with Lucky running up and down the large oak table. Kimberley is knocked out into oblivion, sprawled out on the sofa with comforters thrown over her sore body.

"Mammy! Look! Look!" Before Bella has a chance to make a run for it, Cheryl grabs her by the waist and throws her over her shoulder.

"Lucky! Get down. DOWN!" Cheryl shouts, he listens to her instantly, scurrying to Julie's side, the teen hasn't stopped laughing at the chaotic scene.

"You're sitting in timeout! You've been naughty all day, go sit over there and think about what you've done." Cheryl tells off a scowling Bella.

"No I wasn't naughty! No." She pouts and folds her arms across her chest; Cheryl can't be dealing with this. The child has been doing her head in all day, never listening to a word she says, and only ever listening to Kimberley's orders.

"Bella. I said go sit in timeout." Without another word, Bella does what her Mam's ordered her to do. It was only then she notices Bella wearing a red cape with nothing but her underwear on.

"What are you Izo? Captain underpants?" Julie giggles at her sisters' attire.

"Shut up JuJu!"

"Bella! We don't use that kind of language in this house!"

"Shut up Mammy!" Bella shouts and runs out of the front room with a frown.

"What is up with her today?" Cheryl sighs and turns off the telly, finally she looks at her sleeping wife. Kimberley is so far gone in her sleep, she can't hear the madness surrounding her - her world is numb and noiseless. Cautiously and carefully Cheryl soundlessly walks over to Kimberley and kneels down to meet her exhausted face.

"I'll go see Izo" Julie whispers and exits the room, leaving the couple with their privacy.

"Kimba" She runs her fingers through the blonde's hair in a delicate motion, like a gust of air, kissing the scalp with love. Kimberley begins to stir at the contact, her eyes slowly fluttering open. The exhaustion apparent in her bloodshot blue-greys.