Part 299

-Author's POV-

It's dark, not a single light streams through the bedroom. Curtains are drawn shut, the married couple lie silent in the lush bed. The distance between them felt like miles, they were so used to cuddling each other, suffocating one another with their limbs - not tonight.

Kimberley speaks through the darkness.

"Chez?" It's a faint whisper, sending electric waves through the restless brunette.

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry" She starts, even in the blackness of the night she can see Cheryl's smile light up their haven.

"I don't want you to think that I would just go make decisions without you" An explanation was needed; she needed Cheryl to know she was more than important to her. Cheryl was everything and beyond, even words couldn't be put together to describe the hold she had on her.

"It just happened, I felt bad. I know Libby doesn't have parents, and she seemed really intrigued about our family holiday. I could practically read her thoughts, wishing that I would just invite her.. So I did" She shrugs. It goes silent, and for a moment she believes she'd been talking to herself. That was until Cheryl finally spoke up.

"As long as Julie is fine with it, then I'm fine with it.. Just don't make it a habit. I love when you come to us like" She feels pathetic, the feeling of needing Kimberley to constantly consult her with her diary, where abouts, and friend choices. Cheryl wanted to be part of Kimberley's day, she wanted to hear every decision she'd been wanting to pursue, she wanted Kimberley to ask for her opinion. Something Ashley never did.

"I'll always come to you.. I always do" They shuffle under the covers, the need to touch hyphens with desirable cravings for each other. The couple lay side-by-side, trying to find a reflection to absorb the beauty in which they both exuded. Fingers interlock, breaths radiating against their faces.

"I just.. I love when you ask us for permission" Cheryl confesses.

"I feel important, like you want us to give me approval for something.. I love it when you ask us if you're allowed to do something" Kimberley smiles through the darkness, her heart rate picking up by miles. Even the shooting stars that beam through the night wont compare to the speed her heart was currently thumping.

"You do?" It's barely audible, but Cheryl can hear that husky tone which she always seemed to swoon over.

"So much" They sigh simultaneously, both their heart rates equal in speed.

"Can you let go of my hand now? I want to turn on the lights" Cheryl reluctantly releases her tight grasp, she listens as her wife shuffles around, and finally, the bedroom comes to life. There stood Kimberley, slowly and sensually making her way back to the large bed. They never break eye contact, it was magical, and many wish to experience such force between two lovers.

They find themselves in the same position once again. This time, their eyes find each other. Blue-greys locking with browns, and it's a beautiful sight, it's a beautiful swirl of never ending colors that projected love.

"I wish I could fall asleep with my eyes opened" Kimberley speaks, her voice always made Cheryl throb to the husky sound. It's silly, she thinks, it's a storm to her. A storm that was slowly growing in the pit of her stomach, with just the sound of the Bradford goddess looking deep into the core of her world.

"Why?"

"I want to fall asleep looking at you, have I told you how beautiful you are?" One hand still laced with the petite brunette, whilst the other feathers delicately through the chocolate locks.