💕5. My Jin, Your Jin

After that filling dinner, Namjoon helped Fiona clean up the kitchen and do the dishes. Sure, the young beast, being his clumsy self, almost broke a plate or two, but that was prevented thanks to Fiona's quick reflexes. Once all the cleaning was done, Namjoon went back to the sofa and relaxed while admiring the night sky through the huge window, while Fiona went around her little house and blew out all the candles and lanterns that were no longer in use. With that done, she joined the Namjoon on the recliner, opposite to him, facing the window.

Soon, comfortable silence engulfed the two. The only sound that could be heard was the faint chirping of the crickets and that of the water splashing from the small waterfall at a distance. The lake at the base of it, shimmered as it reflected the moonlight.

"It's a half-moon today..there's a little bit of light...  it must become completely dark on nights with no moon, right?" Namjoon broke the silence.

"Yeah, it does become darker, but then there is always a little bit of light coming in, it doesn't help you see much though..." he hummed in response and she continued, "..on nights like that I often use one of these when I need light..." with that she slightly extended her left hand forward and immediately, floating above the palm of her hand was a little bluish-purple flame-like thing that emitted enough light to light up her surroundings. ".. I can even increase or decrease the intensity of the light if I want to.. impressive isn't it?" she proceeded to demonstrate it.

"Indeed! It's... it's beautiful!" Fiona chuckled at his surprised reaction.

"But I really do enjoy it when it's dark you know... everything seems to become much quieter and calmer when it's dark. Unlike many, the dark doesn't really scare me. I find it rather soothing and peaceful." the witch spoke while making the little flame thingy disappear into the air.

"You love animals too... You really do have a lovely bond with all of them here." this time too it was the Beast who broke the silence. Fiona smiled, just the thought of the forest and animals, made her happy.

She slightly nodded and said, "They are such lovely creatures, how can someone not love them!!" she giggled and continued, "But here's a fact... I wasn't always fond of animals...I used to keep my distance from them."

"Oh really?" Namjoon was intrigued.

"Mhmm... I don't know there is just something about these animals here and the forest that draws me closer to them."

"I see.. well, you do live in the middle of literally nowhere" he chuckled, "and with all the things going on in the mainland, I wouldn't be surprised if you actually like being here more.

" Ahh, yes... The civilian attacks right?"

"Yeah... after the war, people haven't been the same. They have lost all the trust they had in the rulers."

"Oh.. was the war really that bad?? I wonder what happened that made the situation so bad..."

"Oh trust me, it's horrible out there! What happened back then, is something that shouldn't have happened and something that should never happen in the future."

"Hmm.. you like you were personally involved in the issue. But that's probably how all the affected people feel too."

"If only you knew, Fiona.." the beast thought bitterly but chose to say nothing.

After a moment of silence Fiona mumbled to herself, "I hope Jin is doing alright..." but because of the pin-drop silence, Namjoon heard her clearly. The moment he heard that name, he froze. Fear and rage began to build within him as he thought about what that name meant to him.

"J-Jin...?"

"Ahh yeah... Jin, he's my boyfriend. Ah, silly me! I must have forgotten to mention." she smiled.

"Seok Jin is your boyfriend?" by now the beast was almost trembling with anger.

"Huh?? No! Not SeokJin. It's Seo Jin. Song Seo Jin."

"Oh." Immediately he snapped out of these thoughts and continued, "I almost mistook him for someone else and, to be honest, I was about to throw some hands."

"Haha! Well, my Jin runs an Inn near the marketplace, just to clear out any confusion." she giggled.

"Oops, definitely not my Jin then, he's a bit of a royalty."

"Ohh flexing, are we? Well, then there is no one more handsome than MY Jin!"

"Ha!" Namjoon snorted, "Please, don't make me laugh... MY Jin is the HANDSOME-EST! I know that's not a word, but that's what he is, unique, talented and his beauty is BEYOND COMPARE!"

"More like non-existent." she scoffed, "Bet your Jin can't cook, 'cause my Jin is the best cook to ever exist and don't even bother arguing with me about it!"

Just like that Namjoon and Fiona bickered and boasted at each other until they were completely drained of energy. Neither of them realized when they had fallen asleep and when it had become the next day.

When Fiona woke up, Namjoon was nowhere to be found. What was left there though, was a little note, which read, "Thank you, Fiona. For everything, you have done for me. I didn't want to be more of a burden to you, because I know you wouldn't let me leave without another meal. I'm really very grateful for last evening. The food was amazing and I promise to back just to prove to you why MY Jin is better than yours. Take care. ;)" a smile was spread on her face after reading the little note.

Fiona spent the rest of the day playing with the animals, cleaning around her house, and taking her usual evening walk. Like most days, today too went by in a swift and she hadn't even realized when the sun went down and how it was already nearing dinner time.
She was beginning to prepare for dinner when suddenly, there was a knock on the front door.

Fiona cautiously opened the door and came face to face with the last person she had thought would visit her at this time of the evening. The man in front of her made her eyes widen, her heart skip a beat and a smile immediately made its way to her slightly parted lips. Fiona quickly leaped forward and tiptoed to be able to wrap her hands around the neck of the tall male and rested her chin on his broad shoulder.

Instantly, in response the latter nuzzled his head into her smooth hair, while he placed one of his hands on her waist and the other at the middle of her back and pressed her petite body on his well-built one, taking in her natural scent.

The two stood there glued to each other for a couple of minutes as though they were deprived of physical contact for years.

Fiona felt a lump in her throat and tears of joy threatened to fall from her closed eyes. With much struggle, she was about to say something but the male beat her to it.

"I missed you sooo much love!" he said in a low voice, loud enough for the witch to hear.

She replied, "Oh Jinnie! I'm so glad you're alright!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh well... I wonder how the things are going to turn out to be....🙃🙃

Please don't forget to Vote and Comment!❣️