💕10. Spying

Jin had sent Yoongi to run an errand for him in the town. There were some items he needed from the marketplace but he couldn't go there in person because that, could blow his cover that he had so carefully maintained for so long. So Yoongi volunteered to go instead. He could do with some change of air.

Jin had only three things he had needed. Yoongi bought ginseng and seaweeds. The tangerines, however, were sold out. He asked many of the vendors and each one of them gave him the same response.

Tired, he was about to give up on the tangerines, but that's when he noticed that a shop at the far end of the marketplace, was selling some fruits. The blonde male was trying to make his way through the heavy crowd trying to keep his pace when suddenly he bumped into someone.

Yoongi was too tired to pick up a fight with someone over something as mere as that. So he decided to just swallow up his pride and apologize like a gentleman. Lazily, he turned around to say the words, but the other person beat him to it.

"WATCH IT YOU-" the other man paused mid-sentence and immediately a surge of familiarity hit Yoongi. He knew that face. He knew that voice. He knew that brunette head oh-so-well. But what on Earth was he doing here?

"Jimin?" That very moment Yoongi wanted to grab that boy in a hug. To tell him how much he had missed him and he longed to see him. But he knew he couldn't. Not with what had happened among them. Not now.

Suddenly he remembered what he was there to do. "Sorry, I can't stay and talk, I've got to go." Yoongi tried to excuse himself from the awkward situation and prepared to leave. But Jimin grabbed his arm.

"Wait hyung! You need to see something! I'm trying to follow-" he began, but Yoongi quickly cut him.

"Listen, I really don't care, like I said-"

"Oh just shut up and come with me!" Jimin said impatiently and dragged Yoongi with him.

After a while of rushing through the crowd, the two of them reached a secluded part of the forest that connected the land territory of both the clans.

"Can you at least tell me where we are going in such a hurry?" Yoongi whined. Immediately Jimin slapped his palm against the older's mouth to silence him and ushered him behind some thick bushes.

"Okay hyung, listen. I need you to be a little patient, alright? You see that straw hut over there?" He whispered, while subtly pointing in the direction of it. Without making any noise Yoongi peeked from out of the bushes to spot the hut and when he did, he turned to Jimin with a nod.

"Right, so I need to know what is happening in there." the younger whispered again.

"What? Why would you want that? Who is on the inside?"

"Namjoon hyung's brother. Namhyuk hyung. He was the guy we were following all the way."

"What the- Namhyuk? The heck is he doing here?"

"That's what we are here to find out!"

"We?? You mean, YOU? 'Cause I ain't doing shit. I just want to go home."

"Stop acting the grandpa, will you? Please just think of a way to know what's happening in there and not get caught!" Jimin was now growing tired from his older friend's nagging.

"Jimin, did you know, that the ears of owls are placed in asymmetrical positions on either side of their head, to pick up even the tiniest sound and know the precise location of where it comes from?" Yoongi said, trying to sound intellectual.

"Okay, but how does that-"

"Did you also know that owls have a wide-ranged binocular, far-sighted vision, which enables them to see as far as a mile for 270 degrees??" Yoongi said boastfully.

Jimin stared at him in silence for a few seconds and then he spoke as calmly as he could, "Yoongi hyung, did you know, that if a person gets kicked hard enough in their groin, it can potentially kill all the future generations that come from them? AND! Did you also know, that I have a black belt in taekwondo?". Yoongi pressed his lips tightly in a straight line and rolled his eyes at Jimin, before looking in the direction of the dilapidated hut.

After a moment of silence, Yoongi spoke again, "I can see about 10 people in there, they are all dressed as locals. Except for Namhyuk and one more old guy, whose back is facing me."

"What? How do you know that?" Jimin frowned.

"I can see it through that window to the left," Yoongi said, making Jimin even more confused.

"The hut is only less than a mile away, how on earth are you seeing all that?" Yoongi smirked at that.

"He's asking one of the locals for updates about some plan," Yoongi said nonchalantly.

"Hold on a damn second! What on earth are you saying? How are you hearing all this?? Just two minutes ago you were going on about some nonsense on owls and now-" Jimin halted mid-sentence realising something.
"HOLYSHIT! THAT'S RIGHT! YOUR MIND-ASSOCIATED CREATURE IS AN OWL!! Damn it! How did I miss that?!" Yoongi's smirk grew wider.

"Now, now, shall thou quiet down? You are distracting me." Jimin nodded at Yoongi in awe, before pulling an imaginary zip over his mouth.

"So the local guy said that there were no major updates and that they were steadily proceeding as planned earlier. That doesn't sound very good to me." Yoongi continued with his commentary.

"Mhm," Jimin acknowledged.

"Now he's asking about some girl. Oooh, he's asking them to bring the girl "before him". Wow. Homeboy found himself a new concubine, huh?" Yoongi scoffed making Jimin chuckle.

"Ahh, the girl is coming. Wait, why are they dragging her? Very suspicious. Hold on. Isn't that-? WOAH! Damn! WHAT. IN. THE. WORLD?!" Yoongi was stunned.

"What? What is it??? What do you see??" Jimin asked, his curiosity peaking.

"It's Jeanna!" he exclaimed.

"What? Which Jeanna??

"Jimin!! Jeanna!! Kim Jeanna!!"

"Listen I have no idea who this Kim- WAIT. Kim Jeanna!! YOU MEAN-

"Yes, Jimin yes! It's her!!"

"JIN'S SISTER!"

"NAMJOON'S GIRLFRIEND!!"

"B-but didn't they declare her d-dead after she went missing for s-so long?" Jimin stuttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you're enjoying the chapter so far!
I really enjoyed writing this chapter. Yoonmin isn't yoonmin unless they bicker! So I just had to add that part 😂
Also there are many hints in this chapter!

 Yoonmin isn't yoonmin unless they bicker! So I just had to add that part 😂Also there are many hints in this chapter!