Part 12: It's Time

Same day at night

Arnav was looking at the sky. There were many stars on the sky. But today his was looking lost. He was thinking something very deeply. He was planning his future. What step he should take next? He knew what he needed to do. And this time he was firm in his decision.

His thought process was broken by HP.

" Arnav Baba, madam ji is calling you in her study" Hp informed nervously.

" Chachu! Madam ji? You mean Anjali Di?" Arnav asked him to confirm his doubt.

" Nahi Baba.. Ratna madam is calling you" Hp replied mickly.

For a second Arnav felt his heart had stopped beating and when it started beating again it was too abnormal for him to even control. Why his mother was calling him after so long. What might be the reason?

" Don't worry Baba. I won't let anything bad happen to you this time. I'll be standing just outside the room. The second I found something wrong I'll be there." Hp tried to encourage Arnav.

Arnav started to walk towards the direction of their sturdy room. He stood in front of the door and tried to relax his nerves. He wasn't able to think anything straightway. His mind was clouded by many thought.

Gathering some courage he entered inside the room. There he saw his mother sitting and reading something very attentively.

It was as if he was seeing his mother's calm face after ages. In this last three years whenever he landed in front of her he had seen her angry or disgust face. He stood there without saying anything just gazing his Mother face.

Ratna sensed the presence of someone in the room and looked up and found her younger son standing silently.

" How is your studies going on? " Ratna asked.

Arnav was surprised to hear this question. He stood there shocked.

" I asked you something Cho.." Ratna didn't complete the last word.

"Fi...ne!!" Arnav uttered this one word after a lot of struggle.

" I can see how Fine your studies are going on. I have seen your report card. That's why I called you here." Ratna said.

Arnav gulped heard. He knew there was nothing good in his report card. What would his mother do now? Would she again beat him? He shivered thinking about the possibilities.

" You're marks are very poor. I don't think you should continue your studies. I've no plan to waste my hard earning money on you. But Anjali is insisting. That's why I'm giving you one last time to concentrate on your studies. If you don't then from next year I'll stop your studies." Ratna said coldly.

Arnav stayed there hanging his head low. What should he tell? That he didn't get the money every month which his mother allotted for him because shyam's eyes  were always on that money. He didn't want to say that. Who knew his mother would believe him or not?

" Did you get it?" Ratna asked.

But Arnav couldn't utter a single word. He just nodded his head.

"Okay then. You can leave." Ratna said.

Arnav came out of the room and Hp gave him a encouraging smile conveying that he could do that.

He gave him a weak smile and went to the store room. But this time he had no confusion,  he was sure what should do. He knew it's time to take the right decision.

.
.

.
.

Khushi was laying on her bed and thinking what she should do tomorrow to get back that arrogant boy again in his past self. Today he had again hunt her saying she shouldn't talk to him. But she very well knew how to change that attitude of him.