[05]

The Titans were gathered in Nightwing's room and it was way past midnight. They had just returned from a mission but Richard had called them over as he wanted to talk to them about something.

Despite being exhausted, the other four had followed, knowing the matter would be important. However, it turned out that he wanted to talk to them about letting Rose join them as a proper team member.

There was silence after his proposal and Dick's blue eyes connected with Jay's as if asking him to say something as well.

"Guys, honestly, she's not that bad," Jason backed his brother up, facing the team as well, "what's the point of keeping her cooped up in here when we can clearly use her skill and experience in our missions? In fact if you ask me, by keeping her trapped in here, it would only give her more reasons to leave or turn on us instead."

Garfield's eyes flickered slightly, "someone's taking a side. I wonder what that means."

"That means Jay has matured unlike you lot," Dick remarked in a slightly firm tone.

The Titans knew each other's identities very well by then but they hadn't disclosed anything to Rose since it would still take time for them to trust her and accept her as a team member.

"Of course we are not saying that we have anything against her," Kori spoke up carefully, "in fact I would love for her to join us. But... It's just the fact that she's Deathstroke's daughter and so far she hasn't shown that she would willingly work with us. That puts me on guard."

"Well in case it got missed by you people, you haven't been all that welcoming towards her either," Dick added, fingers pinching the bridge of his nose in his habit of whenever he was slightly ticked off, "I'm not saying that you don't have valid reasons for that, I'm just asking you to look past it. Give her a chance, please."

"Why not take a vote?" Rachel suggested, "those in favor of giving Rose a chance."

She held her hand up along with Richard and Jason. Eventually Kori put her hand up too leaving only Garfield who hadn't voted in favor.

He shook his head, "wow, four to one again? You guys must really hate me to always single me out like this."

"We don't hate you. It's just that you are irrational most of the times. By the way, majority wins," Rachel concluded, dark purple eyes connecting for a short instant with Garfield's green.

"Fine, I'll try my best to get along with her too," he remarked, "but if she backstabs us, you guys are going to deal with it."

"Agreed," Jason nodded, "though I'm sure this time you won't get the chance to yell I told you so in our faces."

Green eyes sparked mischievously, locking with oceanic blue, "oh you bet."

"Alright now that everything's sorted," Richard spoke up gaining their attention, "all of us are going to have collective training sessions from now onwards. Including Rose. And from tomorrow, she's joining us in our missions, any objections?"

"None whatsoever, Sir," Jason piped up, earning himself a playful shove from Garfield.

"Very eager, aren't you?"

"None of your business."

He chuckled lightly, green eyes sparking with the familiar going of mischief as he flung his arm over his shoulders, pulling him close despite getting punched in the stomach, "you know very well I've a habit of poking my nose into other people's business."

"Well then you stay out of this one or your pretty nose will no longer exist on your face."

"You think my nose is pretty? Hey Rae, he thinks my nose is pretty!"