[57]

Damian was putting away the case files when he straightened hearing the beeping that indicated someone was entering the Bat Cave. His eyes flickered towards the system, emerald irises widening in alarm upon seeing the identity that had been recognized at the entrance.

He dropped the case files on the table, lips pressing into a slight frown as he considered how to greet another person from the family who had faked his death for almost a whole year.

Grayson had survived his wrath because unfortunately, he was his favorite brother. But that wasn't the case with Drake.

Not at all.

A flash of black swirled into view and Damian picked up the first thing his hand closed on to which happened to be a shuriken, throwing it right in Tim's direction. But the boy caught it before it could strike him, fingers cutting slightly but the shuriken stilled in his hand.

'Damn perfect reflexes even after a year of staying dead,' he thought to himself, features setting into the same hostile look he kept reserved for Tim.

Emerald locked with green and the frown on his face deepened, "so finally, you decided to return and make our lives hell again?"

"Guilty as charged."

"Things were so peaceful without you."

"I'm sorry," he breathed, voice low yet blue eyes sincerely looking back at him.

Damian's emerald eyes flickered in surprise, "you're sorry? For coming back?"

Tim remarked, "for everything I put you guys through."

"You should be," he accused, voice rising a little, "you put us through hell!"

Tim didn't reply just then, surprised at catching a trace of concern in his younger brother's tone.

Damian seemed to have noticed that for quickly added, "everyone except me, that is. It didn't make any difference to me."

"Oh I am sure it didn't," he added softly, though he knew well enough Dami wasn't speaking the truth.

He could see very well that the boy had missed him just as much as the rest of the family had done so, he had been equally concerned for him but now that Tim was back, he was not going to let it show.

"I missed not having anyone to insult though," Damian mumbled, "nor anyone to give daily death threats too either. Todd takes them too seriously, Brown is a lost cause already, Grayson would sit me down for a lecture if I did to him and Gordon gets competitive..."

Tim stepped forward, catching the boy by alarm as he hugged him, "I missed you too, Dami."

Damian shook his head, recovering from the shock and pushed him away roughly, "wait till the rest of them find out you're here. Fair warning, they might kill you for real."

A slow smile graced his features as he placed the shuriken back in the case, taking a tissue to wipe the traces of blood, "and I would deserve that, wouldn't I?"

"This might be the only time I agree with you."

He noticed that Tim's hair had grown longer, reaching down to his shoulders and a slight snort escaped him.

"First thing you should do after getting bulldozed by the rest of them is go to the barber's. You look awful."

"Thanks for the tip, Dames."

"And I swear if you dare call me this atrocity of a name..."

However, he was interrupted as a familiar voice sounded. Alfred had come down to the cave as well, probably to ask Damian to leave the case files and join the others for dinner.