[58]

With Tim's return, things were finally looking up for everyone. The Waynes had not so easily accepted him back even after knowing the truth from him and the first few days at the Manor were not exactly comfortable.

Steph had refused to talk to him and he missed having her as his best friend. Damian and Jason serenaded him with threats on a daily basis that they would implement on him if he dared to pull such a stunt on them again. Alfred and Bruce were exempt from the havoc the others were causing though Bruce had taken Tim aside and warned him that if he endangered his life for the others in such a way again, the consequences wouldn't be pleasant. Only Richard and Barbara had been slightly more cooperative than the rest.

But after the first few days of tension in between them, they finally adjusted, welcoming him back with open arms. Or with an unsheathed katana, in Damian's case.

It turned out that in Tim's absence, Damian had tried his best to make up for everything Tim used to do for them, in his way caring for the others because he knew they were going through a rough time. The boy had improved a lot in hacking and other technological skills that were Tim's expertise and according to Alfred, he had been working as hard as Tim did to ensure that even with his absence, they would not have to falter.

And now that Tim was back, he was supposed to take a rest and go back to usual routine but he had refused, saying that if he and Tim worked together, it would lessen the time it took to solve cases for Tim on his own. Tim had been shocked at the offer initially but accepted, and from then onwards, the two would often be found together in the Bat Cave, working on whatever new case sprung up for them.

In short, everything had begun to return to the way it used to be before Tim had to vanish from their lives.

Wayne Manor's rooftop was silent though not empty as Tim climbed up the stairs that led to it and pushed open the door. Cold gusts of air struck his face like a whip yet he found who he was looking for.

Stephanie was sitting all by herself in the spot they used to come to each time they were troubled. Her golden blonde hair were dancing in the breeze and though it was very cold, she was sitting without any sweater or jacket.

It was almost as if she was bearing the cold in hopes that it could numb her.

Tim had had a fair idea about that so he had brought an extra jacket with him. Approaching her, he carefully placed the jacket over her shoulders and she turned around abruptly at the gesture, conflicted green locking with clear blue.

Tim said nothing as he sat down beside her, eyes flickering towards the city lights dotted in front of them. Steph slid her arms inside the jacket, buttoning it up because it was quite cold and she had been slightly shivering though was not in the mood to go all the way down to her room to bring a jacket.

"You're still mad at me, aren't you?" A soft whisper escaped him but she caught his words, head lowering slightly.

"Shouldn't I be?"

"You should."

There was a slight pause between the two until Steph spoke up, "does Dora know you've come back?"

"Yes. I went to her before coming here."

It was strange to her how much Tim trusted Dora that not only had he told her his biggest secret, she had been the last person he had contacted before vanishing and even after his return, she was the first person he went back to.

"And I take it you told her everything..."

"We don't have any secrets," the reply was vague.

Green eyes connected with blue again as she turned her head to look at him, "Tim, you're stupid. Do you know how bad it is for her to know such a lot? I mean... I appreciate that you guys trust each other but some things are better not told to anyone. If you wouldn't have told her the risk you were in by going after Deathstroke, she would not have suffered so badly."