Chapter 26

After listening to everything Salaar had to say she kept looking at him intently, not a single word left her mouth, all she could do was to look at the man sitting next to her with silent tears dripping from his eyes. Her hand touched his face lightly as she wiped away the tears and his eyes met hers. She then held his hands in her own as she struggled for the right words.
"I know how much you loved your brother, no matter how much we hate the fact that he left us I want you to understand this that whatever happened was bound to happen. Thats how Allah had written it for us, nothing could have changed it. It was not you Salaar, it was not you." She tightened her hold on his hands.
"There is nothing that you should feel guilty about, nobody is judging you for anything, we can't control who we love, because if we could control it then it never was love. I loved Saad with all my heart, I still do, and a part of me will always love him. But I can't deny the fact that our relationship also means something to me, you mean something to me, I care for you, but most of all I have this crazy sense of respect for you, I value you more than you will ever know. Yes I was never ready for this marriage, I did it for my parents for baba, but now this marriage has become important for me. Im not saying all of this just to make you feel better, i'm saying this becaue I mean every word. You are all I have been thinking about lately."
With the last sentence a faint chukkle escaped her mouth and he was looking at her like his life depended on every word that she had said. She was not able to meet his gaze anymore her heart was beating at a very fast rate.
He held her hand again and placed it on his chest right where his heart was,
"Thank you Izah, thank you for understanding, and thank you for every word that you just said."

"Come on let's go inside, its getting late."
With that both of them stood up and went towards their room. Laying side by side on the bed, both of them looking at each other. After so many things that were now heard and said, in this moment neither of them had anything to say or they were too afraid to say anything, too afraid to break away that spell which was surrounding them.
After some more moments of silence Izah's eyes slowly closed with the burden of sleep and a faint whisper of Salaar saying good night could be heard.

Since these words were shared between the two of them, there has been a comfortable and peaceful aura. These few days passed in a blur, the entire family could notice the change in their behaviour, and the comfort that was now present between them. Salaar's parents were finally at ease after a long time, all this while they were worried sbout Salaar and Izah. All they wanted was their happiness, seeing them both in these past few days they both took a sigh of relief. As if everything was coming to terms and was falling into place, like they could finally see a breath of light at the end of a dark tunnel.

Izah had just returned from court after a very long day and went straight towards her room where she found Sana already waiting for her.
"Finally you decided to show up."

"Sana you wouldn't believe the day I have had today. Im so tired."

"Well too bad, because darling you ain't getting any rest. We are going shopping, like right now."

"Are you kidding me, I don't have the strength to even change my clothes and you are talking about shopping. I can't babe, not today."
With this she went straight for the bed.

"Izah don't you dare. Please its been so long since we have spend any time together. These days you are just busy with your work and your husband."

"Uhhh.. what are you talking about."

"Like I haven't noticed the way you have been looking at bhai these days."
She could sense the teasing tone in Sana's words. And the creepy look in her eyes.

"Like what huh? In what way have I been looking at your brother?"

"Like uhh, you know like..."

"No I don't know please enlighten me.."

"Like you are falling in love with him."
With that being said, sana left her speechless. She could only process her words and everything withing her stilled.

"So tell me Izah are you?
Are you falling in love with him?"
Before Izah could say anything, after a faint knock the door of the room opened and Salaar entered. He could sense some tension in the air, Izah stood frozen to the edge of the bed still in her work clothes and Sana was standing beside her.

"Everything allright ladies?"

"Yes bhai perfectly fine I was just asking Izah if she is fall..." before she could complete the sentence Izah held her hand tightly and stood up.

"Uhh yess.. Sana was asking, infact she was insisting that I go shopping with her. That's it, that's all she was asking nothing else."

"If u say so Izah, now tell me are you coming or  not?"
Sana could hardly hide her smile at her antics.
"Yes sure why not I am coming just give me 5 minutes I need to change and then we can go."

"Okay hurry up, I am waiting outside."
And she left leaving a very awkward Izah behind.
Salaar who infact had already heard the last part of their conversation from outside the door, where his sister in her dead serious voice was asking his wife if she is falling in love with him, so he was well aware why Izah was so awkward and shocked and hesitant at the moment.  After a moment of just standing there and looking everywhere except for his eyes, she just ran towards the cupboard took her clothes and went inside the washroom with a very rapidly beating heart.

The entire shopping spree all she could think about was him and Sana's commentary on the same topic wasn't helping her either.
"Izah you also buy something na you are just walking around with me like a zombie."

"I don't really need anything Sana."

"Wait I know exactly what you should buy right now, I might just have had a perfect idea for you."
And she took hold of her arm and kept pulling her untill they came across a shop, which made Izah's eyes go wide in shock and sana just winked at her and took her inside.

"Sana I am not going in there."

"What is wrong with you stop acting like a child, it's just lingerie, we wear it everyday."

"You didn't get me hear to buy everyday stuff."

"Okay fine, you can go a bit fancy there is no harm. Trust me this is the push you guys require, and then you will thank me."

"Sana please how can you talk like that."

"Don't tell me you are planning to stay virgin forever. It's okay, there is nothing wrong about it he is your huaband."

"And he is your brother have some shame."

"Right now I am only having you going in there and buying some amazing things. Okay okay if you are so shy just buy na don't wear it until you are, uhh.. well not so shy anymore."
Izah knew very well that her best friend had no filter whatsoever.