Blame

Colson POV

"Hey D!" I hollered, walking into the house, a bouquet of flowers in my hand. I'd set off earlier, and it was obviously the wrong thing to do. She needed time to open up, not me blowing up at her. Whatever the scars and phone call were, they weren't Cleveland Danny. This was the Danny who I had to learn and she had every right to take it slow. There were secrets I held as well. The parties, the drugs, and everything that was MGK and not Colson. "Danny!" I yelled once more, noticing the backdoor was still open, a plant knocked over. I sighed, wandering upstairs, yet froze when I reached the top. Her phone sitting in the middle of her bedroom floor, items scattered around, and yet no trace of her. I didn't even have time to process before there was the large and very angry Richard slamming me into the wall. Gun in his hand, the other around my throat as he shoved me against the wall.

"What the fuck did you see?!"

"N-nothing. Where is D?" He cursed and let me go, slowly making his way to her bedroom, picking up her phone. "Where the hell is she?!"

"I dunno." Richard mumbled, slamming closed her nightstand drawer. "The Cortez could have her."

"Cortez?" I questioned, keeping my distance from Richard as he paced around parts of the room. He was surprisingly kept together, though his tie was loose, sleeves rolled up, face red with anger. I noticed the scars on his hands and up his arms as he looked to me for a brief moment.

"Like the bloods and the crips! There is the cartel groups. The Cortez and the Montez."

"You run the Montez. You got her into this?" I mumbled, discarding the flowers on her dresser. "The scars on her back. I should have fucking known-"

"Don't even! You don't even understand what I did to save her. You act like this big tough guy, but you're still a fucking kid!" He was searching through her things, though still managed to scare me with just his anger. "She was my wife. Bet she didn't tell ya that? That I broke up with her because I wanted her to see 30! Bet ya she didn't tell you she and I almost had a kid together, but the Cortez made sure that didn't happen." He tossed her purse before sitting down the gun, digging out his phone and calling someone. "Yeah, they've got her. Listen you fucking find her. Today!" I was frozen, I swore my heart could have stopped in that moment. He shoved his phone back in his pocket, rubbing his temple out of sheer irritation.

"So how do we find her?" I cleared my throat yet he chuckled, a slight smirk on his face.

"While I admire your guts, there is no we Colson. I'll find her because I know she damn well wouldn't forgive me about getting you killed. Granted it's crossed my mind for the sheer pain you've put her through in what was it....some shit hole town."

"Cleveland. Don't talk shit about it cause she same from that place. Now what do I do to help find her." He shoved the gun in the back of his dress pants, taking her phone and placing it in his pocket. I knew I wouldn't be stopping him from taking it, especially if it meant finding Danny.

"Like I said you don't. You pick up the fucking pieces when I do find her. If she isn't dead." He walked past me, digging out a joint from his case as he went on his way. "We'll be in touch." I heard the from door slam, the silence overwhelming now as I glanced around. Danny was kidnapped. She was married to the Mafia king essential. Was Danny someone I even knew anymore?

"What the fuck." I mumbled, digging out my phone to call the only person who'd have an idea as to what was going on. It felt like centuries before she even answered.

"Hellllllo?" Sarah said in a singsong voice, music blasting behind her, I could hear Rook yelling along to whoever the band was currently on stage.

"Sarah! It's Danny she's gone. Richard was here and.... Someone took her. He says maybe the Cortez?" Sarah was silent for a few moments, I could hear the music getting quieter until there was silence. A door closed in the background and Sarah sighed before taking a deep breath as if to sober up within a minute and focus on the mess at hand.

"They took her? Where are you Kells?" Her voice was a whisper, though her urgent tone still there.

"Danny's, I dunno what we can do." My voice broke for a moment, my fist balling at my side, I wanted more than anything to punch a hole in the wall to release the anger slowly building inside of me.

"We pick up the pieces. I'm sure Rochard told you that and trust me. It is truly the only thing we can do. We get her away from that life even more. Listen I'm on my way. I just gotta tell Rook and Slim I'll be back tomorrow. Do not tell anyone Colson. I'm not fucking with you. You've gotta go on stage tomorrow like this isn't happening. Trust me and you cannot I repeat cannot bring up anything mafia related or that Danny is missing. Otherwise she's dead. Within minutes and I'm not fucking kidding you." I'd never seen this side of Sarah, in my few years of knowing her she was always carefree and partying. However, Sarah damn well knew what Danny was involved in and it was more apparent now than ever.

"Yeah got it. See ya soon." I hung up, sighing as I sat down on Danny's bed and took a few deep breaths. Here I was for once, helpless. Like a sitting duck in the middle of a gun fight. It was like watching her walk to that bus stop all over again and not being able to stop her. She was in my sight but just out of reach.

Mercy (MGK)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara