Hungover

Daniella POV

"You look like shit." I mumbled, glancing up from the photos sprawled across my desk to Sarah, nursing one of her cleansing juices and an espresso cup in the other.

"I blacked out. Thank god Rook got me home somehow because I probably couldn't have told you my name."

"You realize that stopped being cool in college right?" A laugh passed my lips before I sat back, crossing my arms. "Why don't you take the day? You know I really don't mind during this time of year Sarah. I'm just selecting some final prints today and taking it easy at home this afternoon." She sat down and nodded before glancing at the photos.

"I'd rather be here actually. I enjoy the company. Brutus, though an amazing cat, can only hold so much conversation."

"Yeah I understand that. So your friends last night? Why on earth would they be my cup of tea?"

"I dunno, they're great when we all aren't drinking. They could meet us at the beach one day. They're here working on an album. I actually got my festival tickets from them this year."

"When is that?"

"Ah three days from now?" She sat down her coffee on the side table before checking her phone. "Yup! Three days from now. Their band is performing. Great rapper, I think he actually showed up last night to pick us up."

"Ah the fucking prick with the Porsche who nearly ran me over and then in turn I tried to scare him. which just didn't work."

"Yeah he's a unique one. I've only met him a handful of times, he goes by Kelly, Kells, Machine Gun Kelly." I stopped sorting and looked to her.

"MGK?"

"Yeah, you know him?" Could it really be Colson here in LA. I knew he'd always liked to go by that name, but did he really make it was the question.

"I-I um, dunno. Maybe." I absently raised my hand to brush the earring. "If I didn't then I knew him as Colson."

"No way! Thee Colson! The one you loved and oh my god! Danny! His name is Colson!" She squealed, her own voice hurting her surely already pounding headache. Did I want to see him again? Would I even recognize the boy from Cleveland who was my protector, lover, and everything in-between who was now a man. He'd have surely changed as much as I did over these years if not more considering his career. "Danny?"

"What?" I said bluntly as she looked at me sheepishly.

"So I have his number if you want it. I mean don't you?"

"It's been a long time Sarah. I dunno if I should even go to the festival. I dunno if I can handle seeing him and what if I'm nothing to him?" I blinked a few times, my eyes watering at the thought.

"Hear me out. You know those dine in the dark places? What if we all went there as a group and you just see how he acts, without even knowing it's you."

"Where do you come up with these ideas?" I laughed softly before biting my lip. "That sounds like a hilarious idea though. I'm actually curious how it would go." Sarah was already on her phone, typing away. It amazed me that the girl didn't have carpal tunnel in her thumbs already.

"Then it is settled! We go tomorrow night, so you just come late. I'll talk to Pedro, the owner, get us a table. Just boot off some B list celebrity from the waiting list." She smirked, standing and raising her phone to her ear. Was this really a good idea, that I wasn't sure. However being close to Colson just to hear his voice, get a feel for the new adult Colson, I couldn't resist. Sarah sat down again and looked at me, holding her finger to her lips, telling me to hush.

"Hey Sarah! How ya feeling?"

"Rook! So I got us all into the hottest restaurant in town for tomorrow night. Bring Kells and Slim they will definitely think it is off the chain."

"I swear, how do you sign us up for this shit." He chuckled and the phone was fumbled around. "Hey you two wanna grab some dinner tomorrow with the looney toon from last night?!" The phone was fumbled around more and I froze at the voice.

"Hey Sarah, where is the place?" It was definitely him. I knew that voice better than I knew my own parent's voices.

"It is that dine in the dark restaurant. I can drop you the address. I'm bringing a friend, you'll definitely like her."

"We'll be there. See you, well, technically not see you, but yeah, hear you at dinner then." Sarah chuckled before the phone was handed back over to Rook.

"So it is settled then. Is the friend the one from last night?"

"Maybe, you'll just have to wait and hear. I gotta go! Bye!" She hung up before he could respond. "You good?"

"That is him." I tucked my hair behind my ears. "Sarah that is Colson. I know his voice anywhere."

"Well, isn't that a good thing?" I laughed slightly before standing, running my hands down to fix my slacks as I walked to the balcony.

"I honestly don't know anymore. I mean it's been over six years. I tried texting, calling, you name it I tried to reach him for years. If he cared would he have answered in all the time I gave him? What if there is someone else? What if I'm just chopped liver as I thought all along and I go to this dinner and he's just a complete fucking dick!"

"They we leave D. You don't need him. However, what if he has a good reason for disappearing and he still cares just as much as he did back then?"

"I dunno." I sighed, glancing back to her. "I guess I better really make my voice silky smooth, but the good news is I can wear sweats if I want and not get judged." Sarah shook her head.

"Ugh at least one of us doesn't drop the ball. I'm gonna go get another cup of coffee." She left me with my thoughts. Except the only thought in my mind was seeing Colson again.