Snap

Hi everyone! So these first two chapter were really just build up. Nothing thrilling or important. The excitement will begin next chapter. I'm not going to cover Colson's early build up to Diddy's signing because we all know it. So I'll hop right into the action.

Colson POV

She'd been distance since the day her mom died and I couldn't blame her. What she didn't know is that her mom had a fighting chance to live had I not just sat there and watch her choke. I waited until her eyes stopped flickering in panic to get up and comfort Danny. 

A part of me wished it was my father in the grave rather than her mother. Danny was 18 by the time she even had the funeral, which meant she was left with the shitty little house on Cleveland's 8 mile. That shitty little house became what I called home and of course the place I created Stamp of Approval. At that moment Machine Gun Kelly was born. 

"Colson!" I heard the front door open and close. Danny was carrying her college books and a grocery bag. I paused my recording and shot up, grabbing the books and setting them on the table. Danny had fixed up the place, installed some proper locks, and attempted to make this place as much of a home as she could for us. She sat the grocery bag on the counter and sighed with a smile. "So, I've got some news." 

"What is it?" I chuckled and sat down, she walked to me, bitting her lips. I wish she knew what that did to me. 

"I got accepted into UC Berkley with a full scholarship. I get to study for Journalism and Photography." I wanted to puke. Not because I wasn't happy for her, but because California wasn't Cleveland. California wasn't with me, at least not yet. I had to stay here, do the rap battles, and work my way into the world. "You're not speaking."

"Danny..." She let go of my hands, I knew that look. Danny didn't speak with her words, she spoke with her facial expressions. She could never lie that was for sure. Danny walked over to the grocery bag and started unpacking it. 

"You're not happy for me. I understand Colson. Just cause I'm accepting this doesn't mean you're losing me." 

"Bullshit!" I snapped and stood up, the chair behind me was set falling to the floor. "You'll leave and you'll never fucking call! You'll never write! I'll just be some guy you left behind in Cleveland." I scoffed as she turned around.

"Yeah cause I'll forget my best friend." Her eyes were filling with tears as she walked down the hall to our room. I took a few large strides and caught her wrist, she looked down at my grip then into my eyes. "Let me go." 

"Danny. I'm sorry, but letting you go is the last thing I want to do." My jaw tensed, I was never the emotional type. She backed up against the wall, her eyes still locked onto mine. Hers were this oceanic shades of blue, they turned almost grey when she was passionate about something. I let her wrist go, moving my hand to brush against her neck. "I need to tell you how I feel D."

"Col-" I cut her off, pressing my lips to hers. I wanted her. I wanted to kiss every inch of her skin, watch the goosebumps rise under my touch, yet she pulled away for a moment. Her breathing was heavy and I could feel her pulse under my fingertips. "I-I do you think this is a good idea. I mean we've been friends since we were like... ten and- I um" She was rambling. 

"Just shut up." We both laughed before I began kissing her again. Yeah Danny and I had dated other people. I could never tell her how jealous it made me to see her going out with them. To her not returning back to me some nights. I guess that is the anger you feel when falling in love with your best friend. 

I couldn't even comprehend the way I felt making love to Danny. She was a drug and I was an addict trying to get my fix every second. Yet, after all, when she was sleeping naked in my arms, I couldn't sleep a wink. She was going to leave. I knew that without a doubt. My jaw tensed as  I felt hot tears sliding down my cheeks in silence. I kissed the top of her head before taking a deep breath and closing my eyes. My biggest regret was never telling her I loved her before she left.

- 2 Weeks later

"You sure you're ready?" I mumbled, glancing at her small suitcase and puffy coat. She nodded and motioned to the bus stop. 

"Yeah and you'll call right?" She looked at me, taking my hand. 

"Every day babygirl." I leaned down and kissed her before I let her go. "Text me when you get there okay. Text me as much as you want." I chuckled as did she before looking down the road. The bus stop was right at dealer's corner. She nodded before clearing her throat. 

"I'll see you again soon Colson." She flashed a smile before looking to the house. "Take care of this shit hole. Hell set it on fire when you're done with it. It can match the rest of the block." She laughed before grabbing her suitcase handle and beginning her walk.

"Wait!" I ran over to her, taking out one of my dagger earrings. She let me remove one her diamond studs and switch it out. "There." I smirked and put in her diamond stud to my ear. She lifted her hand and gently brushed the dagger before standing on her toes to kiss me.

"Now I'll have you with me in LA. Don't miss me too much!" She laughed before rushing to the end of the block. 

I love you. Say it you idiot! I yelled at myself.

"See you again soon D." I mumbled and watched the girl of my life walk away. The bus pulled up as she made it to the corner and that my friends. Was the last time I saw her for over six years. 

Whose fault you ask? Of course mine, who else would stop answering phone calls and texts from someone they love because they are heartbroken, bitter, high on drugs, and signing onto Diddy's record label. Now let me start telling you the real purpose of this story.