Vogue

Danny POV

"Alright that is a wrap!" I yelled on set, moving away from the camera. The models all clapped, happy another season shoot was over. I sighed, a smile on my face before wandering over to the balcony of the studio.

"I know that feeling. Three months of just easy projects, festivals, and music." I glanced to Sarah speaking, she was my assistant since I'd started this company.

"I love this time of year. Sumer Vogue is done. I can't wait to sit on the beach, a drink in my hand, and plot our summer festival hits." I smirked before looking back at the city.

"I've already got us tickets to a few of them. I'm not telling you though! It is a complete surprise and you're not getting it out of me." She motioned to zip her lips and threw the imaginary key over the railing.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just make sure you can keep up this time. I had to find your ass in some random tent last year. More than once!" she grumbled as I walked back inside, grabbing my purse. "Summer 2015. The year Sarah doesn't get lost. It'll be one for the record books! I'll be by yours around 8 for us to grab dinner."

"I'll be ready!" She yelled back as I made my way to the elevator. I'd been in LA for six years. Graduated in two and had my own company the very next year. I refused to end up like my family. Like Colson. Like all those I'd left behind in Cleveland.

Colson.

The name brought a variety of emotions to my soul. I pushed them away once he started ignoring me. The last messaged I'd ever sent was wishing him the best and hoping he makes it. Truth be told I never knew if he did or not. The boy with the blue eyes and dirty blonde hair who held me when the day was long and the nights were cold.

I reached up to my ear, running my finger along the dagger earring, which was made of 24K gold now, and the original safely in a box back home in Calabasas. The elevator pinged and I was pulled from my thoughts. The weather in LA could almost always bring a smile to ones face, at least when the hills weren't on fire and the ground wasn't shaking.

I walked to my Mercedes, tossing my purse in the passenger seat before releasing the breath I didn't even know I was holding. I was the most loneliest person in LA, yet rarely alone. It drove me mad how much I missed the relationships I'd left in the past. I had everything I ever wished for, yet missing the family part.

The drive to Calabasas was fine, unless it was rush hour, then getting there would be up to two hours, blaring music and trying to not murder the man driving the half broken Honda in the fast lane doing 45mph. Yet I'd finished Vogue early, which meant a smooth drive and I'd be making record timing to pick up Sarah.

Truth be told she was really the only friend I had here. She on the other hand was the social butterfly who knew anyone and everyone. She'd been there reason for the handful of dates and cheating boyfriends I'd acquired in my time here. I pulled up to my house and rushed inside, tossing my keys down before rushing upstairs. I settled for a romper, covering my long legs in the flowing fabric. After all we were only going to a small beach bar, nothing wild, just calm for once. Sarah loved the scenes, but occasionally she'd side with me to have a quiet dinner and enjoy the views California had to offer us.

Just as soon as I was home, I was off again, back down the winding hills towards the city of Malibu. G-Eazy was blaring through my radio, I couldn't help but grin at the memories of that one. I had to thank Sarah for hooking me up with him, though of course at the end was heartbreak. A common theme in my love life if it wasn't obvious. I pulled up to Sarah's waterfront condo building, she was already waiting by the curb. Her signature grin accompanied by curly strawberry hair and red lip stick.

"You made it on time for once!" She giggled before hopping into my car, helping herself to the radio. "So I heard a few celebrity friends of mine are going to be at the restaurant. You with L-O-V-E Rook."

"Mmmm" I grumbled and started driving along coastal highway. "I highly doubt that considering he's probably trouble just like Gerald. Remember how that one ended? Halsey literally swooping in like boom bitch." I glanced to her as she shrugged.

"Yeah, but Rook is way different."

"He's a criminal isn't he? Bank robber? Lawyer? NFL Football Player?"

"Drummer." She flicked through the radio before settling on Summer by Calivn Harris. I sighed in response, glancing towards her.

"Maybe I'm just meant to be single forever Sarah. The cool aunt who gifts the niece a Louis Vuitton purse for their 5th birthday and then well the parents start to hate me. I just-." Sarah was already laughing at my rambling before I parked the car and shot her a glare.

"You'll know when you find the right one." The right one was long gone.

"Yeah." I mumbled and got out of the car, slipping on my sunglasses as we made our way to the balcony seating area. The view of the ocean and mountains always take my breath away. Sarah got our favorite table, which was closest to the railing to see the best view.

"Now where is he...." Sarah mumbled glancing around. I tuned her out and was scribbling on my napkin, drifting back to where I was earlier. I drew the little dagger earring and managed a smile before setting my glass slightly on it so it wouldn't blow away.

"I'm starting to think you've got a crush on him already." I smirked to her, yet she shot my a glare. Now I was hitting a nerve and was correct on my assumption.

"Sarah!" I sighed and rolled my eyes, dinner was going to be ruined. I could already tell by how loud his voice boomed behind me.

"Rook! Rook this is Daniella Clark. Best photographer and editor in LA. Daniella this is Rook and?" Sarah motioned to the man beside him.

"Brandon, but people call me Slim." Great I thought. If these guys were good then Gerald was a saint.

"Lovely to meet you both." Bullshit. Bullshit was right. I glanced at my watch, cursing under my breath at the time. The three of them were plastered and laughing at the color of the moon, which I had confirmed was white and not disappearing into the abyss. "I've gotta go." I stood and handed Sarah more than enough cash for over half the bill they'd run up. "Early morning meeting tomorrow."

"Awww I was hoping for you to drive rather than their uber."

"Sorry, but super tired." I laughed weakly, leaning down and kissing her cheek. "Text me when you get home yeah? Be careful." She nodded and weakly smiled. Sarah knew my limits. I had passed it over an hour ago. Like I said, loneliness person in LA, yet never alone. I walked back towards the car, nearly getting hit by some asshole in a Porsche. I got into my car and slammed the door, glaring at him through the tint. He didn't even glance back at me.

He was tall, lanky as hell like Gerald and bleached blonde hair spiked in all directions. He walked in front of my car and I slammed on the horn just to give him the same jump he gave me. He didn't even flinch and merely raised his middle finger towards me, still glancing at his phone as he walked towards the balcony.

What a fucking dick.