Future

Colson POV

The thing about Danny, she can act as if yesterday never happened, maybe that was how we survived Cleveland for so long. The next few weeks, it was as if Sarah never got kidnapped and it was business as usual. However, this week was festival week, which meant business for me and party for her. Richard was less than pleased about the two girls being out in the open and defenseless. How he found out you ask? Sarah's big mouth and my phone number somehow getting into the hands of said giant mafia boss.

"You good?" I blinked, snapping out of it and glancing to Danny coming down the stairs. She had her duffle bag, hair braided and sundress covering some lighter clothes.

"Yeah, just waiting for you. I had my stuff packed at my place for the last week. I miss touring and concerts." She nodded, sitting down beside me and sitting her bag at her feet.

"Isn't it kind of odd, us living apart now. Yeah we aren't super serious or anything, but we used to live together in Cleveland. I guess it is different since you've got your daughter and all that."

"She'll be at the festival one of the days. Her mom brings her up to see me play, so maybe we'll have time for introductions. Granted they both know about you. I always talked about Cleveland, but you know kids." I chuckled slightly, gently resting my hand on her thigh. "I never thought I was going to get another chance with you."

"I'm so glad you made it. I'd have come back for you, but you got so distant." She shrugged, standing and composing herself. I took her hand and pulled her onto my lap, those blue seemed to be grey since I had run back into her. Passionate pools, flickering to my eyes and to my hair, her fingers brushing strands from my forehead.

"I love you. I can't say it enough. My biggest regret is not saying it at that bus stop." 

"I know." She nearly whispered it, her forehead leaning against mine now. "I love you too Colson."Relief swept over me as I pulled her closer to my torso, I'd be content just holding her here all day to make up for the years apart. "We gotta get going. After all you are one of the main events at this concert Mr.MGK." I smirked slightly as she stood, spinning on her heels. I grabbed my bag as she grabbed hers, leading the way to my car.

It felt natural, driving with her in the passenger side, music blaring through the stereo, her hair blowing in the wind. I could live in these moments, the woman was to be my wife one day and there was no questioning it. We pulled up to the artist entrance of the festival, cameras flashing as we drove through the gate. Danny hid her face, her eyes lowered before she glanced to me and managed a smile.

"I belong behind the camera." She managed a smile before glancing ahead. We could see Sarah waving her arms, motioning for the us to park next to the trailer. Danny got out, grabbing her bag and handing it off to one of the roadie's of the festival to put into the trailer. "You're here early? Pre-gaming?"

"Always." She smirked before handing Danny a drink. I chuckled before wandering over to the boys, they were already hustling around to get our set ready for a fast transition. Day one always gets the blood pumping. I didn't even know what'd we'd be playing yet. I knew one song I needed to play since Danny was in the crowd. After all it was her song. 

"You good?" Rook mumbled, twirling his drum stick as he tapped his foot against the gravel. 

"Yeah, just preshow nerves is all man. I finally get to play for her." I smirked as he handed me a bottle of whiskey. I took a swig before following Slim to the backstage area to get prepared, leaving Danny and Sarah to their own mayhem. 

"How long till we are on?" 

"About a half hour. What do you wanna open up with?"

"The singles from the new album definitely, they've been playing on the radio for weeks. I wanna do her song today."

"You sure?" Slim lifted a brow, sitting down on one of the amps. "You usually get a bit choked up."

"Yeah well, I finally got her back didn't I?" I shrugged, wandering over to my trunk and changing my shirt and tying my bandana around my neck. 

"Just don't lose her this time. The creepy ex of hers means business man. By the time I woke up he was already gone, who the hell is up that early."

"Danny says he is in something like the Mafia." I glanced to Slim, who was now rolling up a blunt. "She's got this scar down her spine. I couldn't really get a good look at it cause of the tattoo down her spine, but it's massive."

"Surgery?"

"Yeah, but why?"

"You think he did something?" Rook chined in, sitting down and snagging the blunt the moment it was it. 

"I think he is the reason something happened. I just don't trust him, but he seems to want to protect her from whatever is happening in his world." I took a drag once the blunt made it my way. 

"You ready MGK?" I heard the stage manager holler, I nodded as the roadies began the fast paced job of setting up. I stood on the side of the stage, looking out at the crowd that was chanting my name. I saw Danny and Sarah, front and center with their official passes hanging from their necks. Danny caught my looking and wolf whistled above the chant making me chuckle. This was it. I was going to play for my first fan.