Dagger

Colson POV
"What a fucking cunt." I grumbled as the woman drove off. I was already in a piss poor mood this evening. The schedule for the album was already behind and here I was scooping these idiots from a bar with of course Sarah. She was a socialite to say the least. Far from a girl to sleep around, but she knew everyone.

"Kells! You missed a banging woman!" Rook laughed before finishing his drink. "She's your type."

"Which is?" I laughed and sat down, glancing down at the napkin in front of me. My stomach tightened as I ran my finger over the ink. I could see her again in that Cleveland street. Her smile flashing back at me as she made it to the bus. My earring swinging against her hair.

"You good man?"

"Yeah." I swallowed the lump in my throat. "This drawing just reminded me of someone." Sarah leaned forward and took the napkin, laughing softly.

"Danny is obsessed with that earring. I remember one time." She slurred and handed me back the napkin. "I took it to get a replica done, like a nice one. Full 24k gold, few diamonds. She nearly cut off my head."

"Danny?"

"Oh you know her?" Sarah smirked slightly, sitting back and crossing her arms. 

"What's her last name?"

"Daniella Clark." I laughed weakly before nodding. I couldn't help but run my fingers through my hair, sitting back. Danny. She was here in LA. I looked to the water, speaking in a near whisper.

"Yeah I knew her. I was her best friend as a kid." Sarah tilled her head, blinking a few times.

"You're the Colson she spoke about. Oh my god." Sarah leaned over the balcony and puked before grabbing her head. "Oh she's gonna kill me." Rook hiccuped and handed her Slim's napkin as offering. She took it before excusing herself to the bathroom.

Danny. Heck, I was sober at this moment, excluding the blunt from on the way here, and even I could puke.

"Dude you good?" Brandon mumbled, catching my attention from the view. 

"Yeah I'm good. Why don't you grab Sarah. I gotta drop you all off and head back to the studio. I'm stupid behind man." He nodded and wandered off, leaving me with Rook who was suddenly much more sober.

"Man, I didn't know that was her. I'd have stopped her from leaving till you got here had I known." I stood, digging in my jacket pocket for my blunt case. I dug out one and wandered to the parking lot to wait for the others. Leaning against the car, I lit it before laughing to myself. I wondered what she looked like now. What she was doing and how she was doing. 

My phone was blowing up in my pocket as I sat in Diddy's makeshift office in the hotel room, waiting for him to show up. If I could pull this off I was getting signed. I'd already proven myself through Cleveland plenty of times over. However, this was my big break. I glanced to the door before digging my phone out. 

"I'm sorry I even keep texting you. It's been months and I should get the picture that well, I'm not in your picture anymore. I just can't stop thinking about you and about us. I miss you. Heck if you answered right now, I'd probably be on the next bus out to see you. I miss the shitty little house on crackhead corner. Love you x D"

I sat my phone down, on my thigh, cursing under my breath. Diddy walked in and I pulled it together for the meeting. I should have texted her. Said I got signed and I'd meet her out there. I didn't, but instead I did the worst thing I could have done to her. I got in my beat to shit car, bought a few plastic gas tanks, filled them with gasoline, and set that house on fire with every memory in it. 

"You there man?" I blinked from my thoughts, nodding to Rook who was the one carrying a passed out Sarah. 

"Yeah, let's get going." I got into the driver seat, the three of them snug in the backseat. Thank god, because I couldn't handle any of them sitting beside me right now and fucking with the radio. The drive to Sarah's wasn't bad. It was right in Malibu, the extremely stuck up and privileged area to be exact. Rook took her inside and just decided to crash there, leaving me with a half sober Slim in the backseat snoring. I cursed under my breath and just drove straighter the studio. His ass could crash on the couch or maybe help me get some work done. 

I parked the car and nudged him awake before heading inside, not waiting up for him. I was nearly rushing to get to my notebook. Thoughts bubbling through my mind at a mile a minute till it was in my hands. I sat down in front of the board and grabbed the old notebook, flicking through the first few pages before stopping at the tear soaked page. Her song. It'd been three years since I'd read it, in fact the last time I even read it and rapped it was when it was recorded. I'd refuse to play it, speak about it, but I needed it off my chest. I laughed reading through the lyrics, a smile crossing my lips at the memories that played through my mind. 

"Bro, if this Danny is really THE DANNY. What are you gonna do?"

"Say what I fucking should have said all those years ago."

"You think she'll forgive you for just dropping off the earth?" He sat down, grabbing the rolling tray and yawning as he began rolling a joint. 

"I dunno man. I feel like she was the realest one I let get away. I'd do anything to get her back if that wasn't obvious." I closed the book, glancing to my phone. "I tried calling her when I found out about Casie. I was scared fucking shitless and I knew she'd be able to talk me down. It hit differently when I realized she'd changed her number. I felt like that was when she really gave up on me ever coming back into her life. I just hope I can convince her otherwise." He nodded before offering me the joint. I had to get her back.