𝒱

THE NEXT DAY was sunny, so the vampires chose to ditch, for obvious reasons. The human girl spent her day catching up on assignments during breaks between classes, spending the last break outside with her friends, enjoying the last rays of sun the day had to offer.

Leaving the school building after her evening classes, Anna headed towards her mom's workplace. She worked at one of the local hospitals and Anna would help  her with the paperwork and online database whenever she could. Walking towards the building, she noticed a black BMW in the parking lot of the hospital. She knew that a few of the doctors were loaded but she had never seen this particular car before. She shrugged and entered the building, only to be greeted by one of the receptionists, who looked relieved to see her. "Thank God you're here. We have some new guy on the team. Please tell me you'll show him around, neither of us has the time!" She begged, giving the young goth puppy dog eyes.

The girl chuckled at her older friend. "What's in it for me?" She teased, taking her coat off and throwing it over her shoulder. "I'll make you coffee for the whole week. Please." The woman replied, making Anna grin. "Deal. I expect my first coffee on the desk in five minutes." She joked and grabbed the keys, laughing as she made her way to her mom's office. As she entered the office, she could hear the woman's laughter following her.

She threw her coat over her mom's chair and took her laptop out. She logged onto her mom's account, grabbed the stack of papers laying on the desk and started copying the information from the papers into the database. A few minutes later her phone rang. With a sigh, she got her phone out of her bag, looking at the caller ID. Seeing the caller ID showing her mom's name, she picked up. "Hi mom", she said, pressing the phone between her ear and shoulder and going back to typing on her laptop. "Hi sweetheart. Are you at the hospital?"
"Yeah, I just got there", she replied, her eyes not leaving the screen.
"I'm on my break now, but could you please grab me a coffee? I'll be there in twenty."
"Sure thing mom. Do you need anything else?"
"No, thanks honey", responded the woman and hung up promptly.

Anna put her phone back in her bag and got up, walking to the staff room where all the drinks were stocked in multiple cupboards adorning the walls. She slowly prepared the coffee, humming a tune under her breath. She headed back to her mom's office, setting the coffee on the desk and going back to working with the database. Seconds later, a knock sounded and the door opened, revealing a blonde man who couldn't be older than 30.

It's impossible, she thought upon seeing the man.

"Hello. I'm Carlisle Cullen. I suppose you are the young lady who will be showing me around?" He smiled, closing the door behind himself.

"Anna Miller, nice to meet you Dr. Cullen." She replied, standing up and shaking his hand.

Carlisle smiled at her polite greeting. He immediately knew who the girl was, recognizing her scent from Alice's clothes the previous day, and also by the girl's overall appearance- his daughter couldn't stop talking about her after she got home.

"Alright, so since I'm already logged in, I'll show you how the database works. You'll need to put all of the patient info in it by the end of each week. Sometimes when the system crashes you'll have to document everything by hand...."

As she walked the blonde doctor through the workings of the database, the older woman walked in with a cup of steaming liquid.

"Your coffee, m'lady" she said jokingly, setting the cup on the desk. The woman sent discreet glances towards the young doctor, which didn't go unnoticed by the man.

"Thank you, Ren." Anna replied, laughing softly, also not completely oblivious to the woman's attraction to the doctor.

She went back to showing the young doctor around the database, also showing him how the written documentation worked. They soon got up and embarked on a tour around the hospital.