𝒳

"She wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half heaven, half hell."
_________________________

THROWING YET ANOTHER string of party decorations into her cart, Anna could barely resist a groan

THROWING YET ANOTHER string of party decorations into her cart, Anna could barely resist a groan. Caroline and Emilia had dragged her to a store to accompany them in "party shopping", but it was safe to say that after getting four hours of sleep thanks to overdue assignments that have magically accumulated, shopping was low on her list of priorities.

She wished her body didn't require sleep to function- additional four to six hours in the day would be very welcome. If she had no need for sleep, she would have so much time to do whatever she wanted... Just like certain someones...

True to Alice's word, the Cullens hadn't shown their faces at school that week. Her heart felt somewhat heavy in their absence- no. She can't afford to let herself feel like this. She can't afford to-

"Why the long face? Missing someone?" Teased Emilia, putting a few bottles of tequila into the cart, effectively pulling her friend out of her thoughts.

Despite Anna's glare, the corners of her mouth twitched up at the question. "Oh shut up, would you?"

Emilia rolled her eyes in exasperation. "We aren't blind. Everyone can see you making googly eyes at Cullen."

"I'm not making googly eyes at anyone, thank you. I'm still very much planning to die alone surrounded by cats." Anna's reply made Emilia snort as she put some more alcohol into the cart.

Emilia, to Anna's dismay, was a hopeless romantic. She had tried to set her up with multiple girls and boys alike during the past few years, before Anna made her preference for the fairer sex pretty clear.
They were total opposites when it came to their outlook on life. While Anna's prior experiences made her pretty disillusioned and guarded, Emilia always tried to find the good in everything and everyone.

"You keep saying love isn't real. How would you know when you never gave it a real chance?"

Anna shrugged, wanting the conversation to end as soon as possible. Feelings weren't something she ever talked about, straying from the topic of her own love life in favor of discussing movies, true crime, or just teasing her friends- anything but her own feelings.

Even her friends didn't know a lot about her- she never talked about herself much. She was a hard person to crack, even harder to understand, and kept her personal life hidden- she supposed that was why she was dubbed mysterious which ensured her popularity.

"My love life is nonexistent and will stay that way. You, on the other hand, missy, have yet to tell me how Saturday's date went."

As Emilia delved into the details of her latest date and oh, how wonderful her boyfriend was, Anna slowly wheeled the cart into a different aisle, Emilia's chattering following her all the way to where the sweets were.