𝒳𝒱

THE KITCHEN BATHED in the morning rays of the sun, the fresh breeze blowing softly on the thin curtains

THE KITCHEN BATHED in the morning rays of the sun, the fresh breeze blowing softly on the thin curtains. Three dainty figures standing by the island were illuminated softly, the rays caressing their marbled skin, making small, crystalline shapes dance on the surrounding walls.

"Are you sure this will be alright?" Asked Alice for the millionth time, eyeing the salsa hummus her sister was generously spreading on a piece of toast.

"For a vampire, you're exceptionally unobservant, Alice, which is surprising when it comes to your mate. Or maybe you were too busy staring at her to notice that she likes her food spicy. She'll love it." Rosalie quipped teasingly before she looked up, pausing for a second. "You'd better hurry with that coffee." She gestured to the ceiling in the general direction of Alice's room, going back to preparing the toast mere seconds later.

Indeed, quiet footsteps could be heard upstairs, getting louder with each second, and the eventual creak of the stairs. Alice was so focused on her task that she had tuned out her surroundings. She cursed under her breath, blurring over to the array of plastic bags on the counter, pulling out the jar of coffee Esme had purchased earlier in the morning.

Rosalie shook her head with a sigh, filling the electric kettle they had purchased solely for the purpose of preparing drinks for the human with just enough water for one cup of coffee, setting it down to boil.
"Do you even know how to make coffee?"

"It can't be that hard, can it?" Alice looked over at Esme, suddenly unsure. Esme smiled, putting down the rag she was wiping her hands on, turning to face her daughter.

"Know what, let me make it this time. I'll teach you to make coffee later on in the week." The matriarch uncapped a marker, adding a coffee machine to the shopping list hanging on the steel refrigerator door.

"Good morning." Anna spoke quietly as she entered the kitchen, stifling a yawn. A thick sweater left on the nightstand by Alice was draped over her body, the too-long sleeves sliding a bit below her wrists.

Alice's eyes almost twinkled as they locked with Anna's, a smile splitting the vampire's lips.

"Good morning darling." She called cheerfully, gliding over to Anna to press a kiss to the girl's cheek. "Come, sit, we're making breakfast."

"Smells amazing."

"Rosalie made it. Hope it tastes as good as it smells." Esme grinned, placing a plate on the counter.

The toast, indeed, did taste as good as it smelled, if not better. It had the perfect amount of salsa hummus, arugula and mozzarella, and a bit of cranberry jam on the side. Anna usually leaned towards savory meals, and she appreciated the breakfast- though she wondered how Rosalie knew what to make. Once googled, the results claimed the usual American breakfast to consist of pancakes and she knew she wouldn't be able to stomach those so early in the morning.