𝒱𝐼𝐼𝐼

"There's no way I'm leaving the house today

"There's no way I'm leaving the house today." Grumbled Anna, looking out of the window at the wet pavement. It was three in the morning and she couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard she tried. The pale, cold light from the street lamps was reflecting off the wet pavement, the accompanying thunder creating an eerie atmosphere.

She rested her forehead against the cool glass, eyes following a few rain drops sliding down the surface.

"Don't you have morning classes?" Chuckled Alina, looking at her daughter, amused.

"Did you look outside today? The only place I'm going to is back to bed." mumbled Anna, closing her eyes.

Alina looked at her in amusement.

Anna was a force to be reckoned with when she set her mind on something. And so, there was nothing in the world that would make her go out, or even do anything but go to bed when it was wet outside.

The rainy weather wasn't helping, really- her eyes were closing of their own accord and her brain felt foggy.

           ♱

The weather had changed overnight and the heavy rainfall ensured she didn't fall asleep until early morning hours, before the thunderstorm ceased and the sound of the raindrops hitting the windows lulled her to sleep.

In the morning, she snoozed her alarm at least three times before finally getting dragged out of bed by an amused Alina.

She sighed as she pulled the curtains open and the morning light shone through, blinding her for a moment. Her hand immediately shot to her eyes, in a fruitless attempt to keep the intrusive rays out.

The only thing that made her morning a bit better was the cup of coffee waiting for her on the counter. She sent Alina a thankful smile before downing it in a few gulps, sighing in satisfaction as she felt the caffeine hit her a few moments later. She definitely needed it.

Her mood only got better when, upon checking her phone, she saw a text message from a certain golden-eyed girl, who has made her question her feelings for the past few weeks.

Good morning,
the text said.
Hope I didn't wake you up. Just wanted to yet again say thank you for yesterday. I had fun, hope to see you today :)

Anna's heart was all but doing somersaults in her chest. She typed a quick reply before getting dressed and doing her makeup, grabbing her leather bag containing her laptop, throwing her phone inside as well and skipping down the stairs happily.

"What's got you so happy?" Chuckled Alina, throwing her coat on.

"Nothing." She mumbled with a smile, walking to the clothing rack and pulling her jacket off of it.

"Nothing or no one?" Smirked Alina.

Anna let out an incoherent grumble before grabbing her keys, kissing Alina's cheek and skipping down the stairs, heading towards her car. When she finally opened the gates, she turned the key in the ignition and groaned.