An Update; 3 Years On

Well this sure was a piece of my past that was dug up today!

As to whether anybody who is currently reading this "update" is one of the people who read this god-forsaken fanfic when I updated it semi-regularly back in 2018, I cannot say. (Please let me know if you are!)

This is an extremely surreal experience to be coming back to this part of my early teens.

I began this fic at the height of my DBH obsession back when I was 13 or 14.. I'm a gay, 16-year-old trans man now.

My wonderful partner and I were on a call today and while joking about cringey wattpad fan-fictions, this resurfaced in my memory. Hence, I then made it my mission to either find this fic, regain access to my account or both.

It was crazy to re-read, in the words of David Byrne, "it's like 60 minutes on acid."

To be coming back to this almost 3 years later to find it has 2.2K views is shocking (and frankly embarrassing to Present Me,) and to even find people commenting asking for updates..

All that I can say is that the tiny baby 2018 me who put so much passion and work into this would have been extremely proud of himself if he could see this now. I'm proud of him too.. But Current Me is also completely mortified, lmao.

I'll most-likely never update this fan-fiction again, nor will I finish it. In recent years, I've lost that old passion for writing that I had when I was younger.

I'm mostly going to leave this account untouched as to preserve this fascinating little time capsule.

(Allow me to shamelessly self-promote for a sec) If you want to see the type of shit I get up to now, you can find me on instagram at sp1keds0da where I post art and other shit like that.

That's pretty much all from me on this little pocket of the internet.

Stay safe out there, stranger.

-Isaac (19th of April 2021)