Chapter Two: MEETING HANK

-- SLIGHT FLUFF; Connor undressing--

       Connor checked the address before exiting the taxi. He tugged down the cuffs of his jacket, took in his surroundings and sauntered up to the front porch of Lieutenant Hank Anderson's house. The night was inky and cold. The android was eager to meet his new partner. CyberLife instructed him to find Lieutenant Anderson ASAP... 

The time is 2:45 a.m.

This is as soon as possible, he thought.

No lights were on in the house which gave it a hollow, derelict feeling, Connor observed.

Connor stood outside of the front door. He noticed the metal doorbell that reflected the moonlight and the corners of his mouth twitched upwards. He pushed the button and stood idly as the buzzing sound vibrated through the house. The inside erupted into noise. A dog barked and Connor could hear its claws scraping against the floor. A bedroom light came on and loud swearing could be heard along with thundering footsteps. A neighbouring house's lights came on.

The front door was aggressively opened. Connor jumped, his LED flashing yellow for a brief moment, and stood holding his hands behind his back, remembering to keep good posture. A disgruntled, middle-aged man appeared in the doorway, clutching onto a large Saint Bernard's collar as it barked and scrambled to greet the stranger.

"DOWN, SUMO!!" Lieutenant Anderson boomed and the dog whined and plodded into the backround.

Lieutenant Anderson squinted at the cold, lifeless machine that stood on his porch. Its LED glowed in the shadows, bathing its right temple with a soft blue light. Its rich brown, glazed eyes darted around his face. He could tell that the android was analysing every detail of his face in one sweep. It's eyes found Hank's and the android nodded respectfully.

"Who the fuck are you?" Hank demanded catiously. These things are dangerous. "Why the fuck are you here?! Do you know how early it is?"

"My name is Connor.. I'm the android sent by CyberLife. They ordered me to meet you as soon as possible. It is early you're correct, the time is 2:48." Connor replied looking wistfully off into the distance.

"No, dipshit. I meant do you realise that it's too fucking early to be abusing my doorbell like that. I thought you things were made to be smart." Lieutenant Anderson scoffed briefly looking back into the house.

Connor's LED flickered for a moment as he decided what to say. "I'm sorry that you feel that way, Lieutenant.." was the least offensive option of a few..

"Fuck off.." Lieutenant Anderson muttered as he began to close the door. Connor wedged his foot in the door and the door creaked open again. "What do you want?" Hank glared.

"The police station requires special authorisation to be allowed in." Connor explained.

"Yeah? So..?"

"I have nowhere to stay, Lieutenant." he stated as he shook his head, smiling.

"Really? Good." Hank began to close the door again but Connor kept it open.

"I don't think you understand, Lieutenant. I'm your new partner." Connor said.

Hank's half-shut eyes became slits. His face contorted in hatred. "I don't need a partner.." he said hostilely. He slammed the door shut before Connor could object. He stood on the front porch, unsure what to do. He felt a surging feeling. He felt almost agitated. It burned in him. His LED blinked a rich gold colour. His stress level rose. He felt like swearing.

Connor snapped back to reality and ran a diagnostic. All systems were running smoothly. He shrugged.

He sat down on the porch and rested his head in his hands. The temperature outside was -3 degrees Celsius. The door opened quietly. Connor looked up and stood, turning to face Lieutenant Anderson. He said nothing and tilted his head to gesture for Connor to come inside, his eyes filled with reluctance.

Connor smiled. He thanked the Lieutenant as he stepped through the open door. Hank shut the door behind him.

"Alright" he sighed. "You can sleep or.. whatever the fuck you things do after hours over there on the couch." He nodded towards the couch and Connor nodded back and sat down, smoothening down his jacket with his palms. "Don't touch anything, don't break anything." Hank ordered and turned towards his bedroom but spun around again, massaging his temples, "and for fuck's sake don't wake me up again.." he added.

"You got it, Lieutenant!" Connor winked. Hank rolled his eyes. He turned to go back to his bedroom.

The android stood up and began undoing his tie and taking off his jacket. He unbuttoned his shirt, revealing his flawless skin and the muscle definition on his lower abdomen. Hank's heart beat faster, his face burning as he watched in slight awe. The android started unbuckling his belt.

"Woah, woah!! Hey, hey, hey!! What the fuck do you think you're doing?!?" Hank yelled in panic.

Connor stopped and looked up. "I must keep my uniform clean. Recharging in uniform could get it creased or damaged." Connor reasoned.

Hank stared in disbelief. "You things are so fucking strange." he muttered exhaustedly and went back to bed. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Connor needs to learn about not taking orders too literally...

Let me know what you think of this chapter and if you have any suggestions, let me know!