Con Crud (Fourtky)

Four and X were at one of those nerd conventions with Kratky and Yoshka. Four spoke just enough Russian to understand that this place was costume friendly and Four finally got a chance to wear his cosplay of King from Owl House, which they just just wore around the house.

At least the con was in an English speaking part of the world but neither Four or X knew Russian still so Four had to do the best he could to explain everything to their friends.

It was currently the third day of the convention and they were going to go get some food at the near by mall's food court, X finally deciding to put on their cosplay of Minnie Mouse while they were out. It was really just a Minnie Mouse dress, shoes, and bow, but X was proud of it and he got a lot of nice compliments.

As they went to get their food, Kratky had a hard time ordering so Four helped them, but accidentally didn't catch that they needed the food a certain way or their allergies would act up, thankfully Kratky noticed the ingredient before they ate. Kratky was in costume as some sort of deer or goat thing that Four had never seen before but Four adored it and was constantly jealous that he couldn't reach or ask to touch their horns due to how short Four was and the language barrier.

After lunch, they decided to check out some stores before heading back to the convention, and apparently there was a Gelatin and Flower's at this mall! He was proud to see that knowing he helped it happen, and strayed from the group to go see it. To his surprise once again, Tear Drop was there! They were checking out some of the new grease-proof sweaters from Flower's collection. "Tear Drop! Hey! Its me!" Four happily went up to them, Tear Drop seemed surprised to see them but smiled and said hello in signs. "O-Oh, yeah, gosh my sign language is rusty, go slow for me..!" Four chuckled nervously, his previous contestant nodding in response before signing again a bit slower 'it's nice to see you again, are you attending the convention?' They asked, Four nodding "Yeah, we were just heading back! Shouldn't this store be part of the food court?" Tear Drop would shrug, Four then cutting them off before they could sign again "Oh! By the way, do you have any tips on language barriers? Russian is really difficult and while spending this week with the person I'm trying to understand, its still really difficult and they almost got food today that triggered their allergies.." Four admitted slightly embarrassed, Tear Drop smiling as they shared 'I sometimes use a paper to draw what I want, or write it out if they're still getting the hang of it. You could use that to see if they speak any other languages you know.' Four face palmed "why didn't ai think of that! Thank you so much! I'll go find them!" Four smiled and summoned a small notebook and started drawing as they ran off to find Kratky.

It wasn't that good of a drawing but it seemed good enough so Four stopped working on it and looked around, finding his group and going up to Kratky with excitement "Kratky! Kratky, look!" Four showed them the drawing, it was of Kratky, with the Mexican flag in a speech bubble with a question mark. Kratky would smile at this but sigh as they said something in Russian and shook their head. Four thought a moment and decided to ask in Spanish "Tu.. habla Español?" Four was also rusty with Spanish as he only knew a bit and rarely used it, but it didn't seem to matter as Kratky just seemed confused and asked something else in Russian. "I guess not.." Four sighed, X went and would pat Four on the back "It was a nice effort! You'll find some way to talk to them properly eventually!" X smiled warmly which picked Four's mood up a bit but they were still disappointed.

At least they had understood the drawing though! Four drew something else, a blue hand touching red horns. Four showed Kratky and they seemed to understand, pointing up to their horns and asking something in Russian again, Four nodded in excitement and smiled. Kratky crouched down and allowed Four to touch the horns on their head. Four loved the texture of them and started to slightly stim as they chewed on their cheek and tapped their foot on the floor, X bringing him back to reality though after a moment so Kratky didn't get tired in that position. Kratky chuckled as they stood back up and grabbed the paper from Four, drawing an arrow that pointed to the horns with some Russian words under it and drawings of what they meant next to them, handing it back to Four afterwards. "X! They're telling us how they made the horns!" Four hugged the notepad and showed it to X "Oh! Thats really nice!" X chuckled. Kratky looked down at the little blue number and gently would reach their hand out to feel the horns on Four's skull decoration, Four nodded letting them know it was okay and let them feel. Four's were made of cardboard with one of those metal handles on wood stoves to disperse the heat as a sort of skeleton with a papermache outside and sanded to be smooth. It was one of Four's favorite parts of their costume.

After horn feeling was done, they decided to see the little shop booths that conventions always seemed to have. X and Yoshka were quickly out of the picture as they went to check out all the anime stuff, leaving Four and Kratky together. Four felt Kratky grab their hand and looked up as the large letter said something, not completely sure of what they meant but liking this. Four lead the way to go see a vendor with Owl House pins, picking out some and watching Kratky examine the items there, picking up a pronoun pin and saying something in Russian "uhm, thats a pronoun pin! I never really cared about what people call me but usually I'm referred to with he, him, and they, them!" Four picked up a he/they pin and smiled, Kratky put down the pin and looked at the selection before picking up a he/him pin and smiling. "Is that the one you use?" Four asked, they never thought about Kratky's pronouns before since they assumed they were the same as their own. Kratky would nod in response and look at the price tag, taking a moment before getting his money to pay and pinning it to his sleeve. Four paid for their own pins as well as the he/they pin and seemed really happy with this. "Alrighty then, Kratky! From now on I'll use the pronouns you like!" Four smiled, Kratky smiled and went in to hug Four, but stopped to get reassurance from Four just to be met by Four completing the hug themselves. Kratky said something in Russian once more before the hug ended, he was very happy.

They went back to the hotel room to wait for Yoshka and X, there were two beds and typically Four slept with X and Kratky slept with Yoshka, but Four decided to sit in bed with Kratky. Kratky took the paper again and drew something else, it was Four and Kratky with their faces close to one another, and a heart to hide the mouths kissing. Four blushed as they saw it but quickly nodded, putting the paper down and being picked up by the strong letter. Four felt Kratky's soft lips hit his chapped ones and gently kissed back, Kratky was one hell of a kisser though and teased Four's lips with his tongue. Four couldn't handle not being his any longer and pulled themselves up more and shoved their tongue into his mouth. Kratky was surprised but quickly took dominance over the kiss again and had his tongue enter Four's mouth instead. As the kiss broke they were both extremely flustered and Four lightly panted for air. "W-wow.. I knew you were hot on the outside and sweet on the inside b-but.. you actually love me like this?" They could barely understand each other but the fact Kratky felt this way made Four extremely happy. They weren't sure if this would ever become a real thing between them but was nice.

Four would reach their hand back up to Kratky's face to start another kiss but was pinned down, Four squeaked as their face went completely red, but Kratky chuckled and just said something else in Russian before giving Four a peck on the cheek and letting Four go.

Whelp, Four had a crush now and he had no clue what to do about it. Yoshka and X came back with probably more things than they could take back home with them in their suitcases. X asked Four about their pronoun pins and they just smiled "I just saw it and thought it was cute!"

A/N 1538 words! I'm sorry if I spelled anything wrong im still learning both Russian and Spanish! If you want a continuation of this story or just more Fourtky in general I would love to make some!