Insomnia (Let Me Sleep pt 2)

X applied the sun block gently to Four's skin, then getting a nice pair of sunglasses from their own room. They were cheap child's sunglasses but they were the only ones that wouldn't fall off of Four's face.

Four was lead outside and was in awe as they saw the garden. It was full of color and life that they could have never experienced staring at the television. Four looked around curiously and quietly as X watched them. Four would sit at the edge of the side walk and cautiously touch the grass, seeming dumbstruck.

"This.. this is grass! And its so soft!" Four smiled, petting the ground. "You haven't seen grass for a while, huh. You really don't remember what it feels like?" X walked into the patch of grass and cocked their head to Four "No.." They contininued to stare at the grass in bewilderment as X chuckled and pulled the curious number into the grass "AH!" Four squeaked as they felt the grass on their body and wiggled around.

Four realized they were fine and sat up,  taking a moment to feel the grass on their bum before standing up, now feeling it beneath their feet. "Heh, I think I like grass!" Four danced around a bit and enjoyed the feel. "If you like that, wait until I show you my lamb's ear!" X chuckled, Four seeming confused as X went over to a little herb garden and motioned for them to come see. Four crouched down next to them and looked at the strange plant.

It was a tall plant with a boxy stem, that had little white 'hairs' on it's stem and leaves, as well as cones of flowers at the top of each stem and budding out where leaves branched off."Go ahead and touch it!" X said, taking Four's wrist and slowly guiding it to the fluffy plant's leaves. Four trusted X and let them put their hand on the plant. Four's heart skipped a beat as they felt it, quickly starting to pet the plant with a giddy smile "I like lamb's ear even more!" Four picked the leaf off accidentally and looked back to X bashfully. "That's fine, Four, you can take a few leaves if you want! Eventually they will wilt but they're really soft and, well, its a plant so they'll grow back!" X giggled and picked a leaf as well, Four's smile returning as they picked another leaf and put them above their eyes. "Gr! Do I look angry?" Four chuckled, X just shaking their head "No, silly, you look like you're having fun!" They answered.

Four put the leaves down, thinking a moment before taking their sun glasses off and putting the leaves back up. "How about now, X?" They asked, X seemed a bit worried though "Uh, yeah, angry. You should really keep those glasses on though, Four, they might seem silly but I've noticed your eyes getting more pale as you spent longer inside, you need to go easy on this whole outside thing..!" They picked the glasses back up and handed them to Four. "Its just little sun! I'm sure that I'm fine!" Four said, handing the glasses back, X frowned "Please? I don't want you to get hurt.. and.. if your eyes get hurt it's really hard to fix, even with algebralien power..!" X said, Four rolling their eyes and putting them back on "Fine, if it'll put your mind at ease." They sighed, X's smile returning.

"What do you want to see next?" X asked while moving in to lean on Four's shoulder. "H-hey!" Four stated quickly as they fell over. X giggled but helped Four up "sorry! You looked stable enough!" They said, Four blushed slightly realizing how weak he had become. "You okay, Four?" X asked curiously "Uh.. yeah!" Four said quickly and stood up "let's just go back inside and drink that water stuff!" Four smiled awkwardly as they grabbed X's wrist. "Oh, okay!" X was a little confused but followed them inside.

Four let go of X's hand as they closed the door and just feel to their knees and started sobbing. "Wh-what? Four!" X quickly went and hugged them. "I-I can't believe I l-let my body r-rot! H-have you seen what I've d-done?! I c-caused the fall of Y-Yoyle City! I destroyed t-twelve galaxies! I-I created that little there Firey Jr., I literally created l-life!" Four sobbed, X just stared at them unable to reply as they watched Four sink back into their hands and sob into them further.

"You're not weak, you're just a little rusty." X said, Four looking back up at them seeming confused. "One of my hobbies I picked up while you were busy was restorative work for metal objects." X continued, smiling at Four "If I can sharpen a 1200 year old cleaver enough to chop through algebralien flesh, I can restore some cranky old number Four!" X picked up Four suddenly surprising Four. "Now, let's get you to bed so you'll be nice and well rested for tomorrow! I'll write up a nice activity plan for us so we can get you back in action!" X carried them to Four's bed room.

"W-wait? Sleep?" Four seemed confused, but their expression quickly turned to that of a flustered one as they were straddled by X. "Yeah! I know we don't technically need sleep, but I'm putting you on a strict magic diet now. Only a few magical things each day, and never while we're working on getting you fixed up. Unless there's some sort of emergency this rule is not to be broken or uhm.. or I'll ground you!" X giggled.

Four laughed a bit as well and laid down before frowning "I don't want to go to sleep, I want to experience more! I don't think I can even go to sleep if I wanted!" Four complained, X having to think a moment before getting up. They'd turn off the lights and sit behind Four on top of their pillow, readjusting their head to be in their lap as they gently started humming and rocking Four.

"Oh lovely moon, I rest for you as you bless my night with dreams. I'll play in the good ones and learn from the bad, and wake up a better person the next day." X sang quietly and nicely. Four was amazed by how good they were at this but suddenly didn't have the energy to compliment them, the song was so nice! Before they even realized what had happened, they had drifted off to sleep.

A/N: 1114 words!
I hope this is is good! I'm super grateful for all the views I've gotten on this story and I hope everybody who had read has enjoyed it so far! I'm still open for requests and stuff and this was my first request ever from @Eclipse_Xero11 I would have dedicated the chapter to them but I don't know how so here have a shout out :) I'll be working on some 24 if I can soon! I'm also working on a longer 24x story but I'm not sure how long its going to be so I'm going to keep writing it unpublished here until I'm done to see if its just a few parts or I should make a whole different book for it.