Heart Shaped Cookies

Summary: It's Valentine's Day and it seems that everyone has plans except for you and Spencer.

A/N: S9 Ep15 had Valentine's Day so I was suddenly inspired by this.

______________________

"Happy Valentine's Day, my lovelies!" Garcia exclaimed as she waltzed into the bullpen covered head to toe in red and hearts. She passed by each agent's desk, placing down a pink or red heart shaped cookie on a white napkin covered in hearts.

"You know before the holiday was named after St. Valentine, it was actually called Lupercalia, a Roman festival that celebrates the coming of spring and fertility rites. Single men would randomly pick a woman's name, leading them to marriage and eventually-"

"Alright, kid. I think that's enough. Thanks." Derek clasped a hand on Spencer's shoulder, taking the young doctor's cookie from him, and biting into it.

"Hey!" Spencer cried out with a pout and you rolled your eyes at Derek's smirk.

You got up from your desk and handed Spencer your cookie, "Here, Spence," and then you flicked Derek's ear, "Don't be mean!"

Spencer smirked as he bit into the cookie while Derek rubbed his ear.

_________

As fate would have it, there was no case that needed to be solved today. So everyone remained at their desks, doing paperwork until it was time for them to clock out.

Heading to the elevators, you and the team made idle chatter.

"You and Savannah have anything special planned?" you ask Derek.

He gives you a little smirk, "Yeah. This year I'm making us dinner and we're gonna watch some romance movies. A casual thing this year. What about you? Got a date?"

You shook your head, "Nope. This is probably my sixth Valentine's Day alone, which is fine. I'll probably make myself some chocolate covered strawberries, have a nice bath, and watch some romcoms."

Derek looks over your shoulder, nodding at Spencer, "What about you, pretty boy? Got anyone special you're treating tonight?"

Spencer gives his tight lipped smile and shakes his head, "Not really, no. I was actually going to a film festival that'll be showing some classic French romance movies," his eyes go to you and you see a sudden hesitation within him, "You can come with me, if you want, Y/N. Some of the films might not be subtitled but I could whisper the translations to you."

You shrugged, "Sure. It beats staying home by myself."

Spencer's face immediately brightens up, "Great! I'll, uh, I'll pick you up in an hour?"

"Sounds good, Spence." you give him a smile and a nod and join the other agents into the elevator.

Since there wasn't much room left, Spencer and Derek stayed behind to catch the next one. You give them a wave as the doors close, leaving the two agents by themselves.

"I see you, Reid. I see you." Derek grins, giving Spencer a nudge.

He gulps, "I don't know what you're talking about." his eyes are focused on the elevator, silently hoping for the next one to appear any time now.

"Reid, come on, man. I see the way you look at them. You like them, don't you? Tonight's your chance to make a move!"

Spencer shakes his head, "No, I can't. We're just friends."

"You can be more, that is, if you get your head out of the gutter and make a move. Soon enough, someone will swoop in and sweep them off their feet and it'll be too late for you."