How They Met (Prequel to Literally Falling For You)

kaleidoscopic-sunflower asked: I have no idea if you did this previously but I just read your HP AU in the CM universe and I audibly gasped and now am in love with the idea!! Would love if you posted more headcannon (or even a fic) but no pressure since writing is hard lmaoo but just wanted to share my love!!💖 P.S. I also love your 50 ways to say I love you series and every chapter gives me so many emotions you're so talented 😩🥰💖✨

___________

You first met Spencer on the train to Hogwarts your first year. He was in a compartment by himself, nose buried in a book. You decided to join him, his head shooting up when the door opened and you sat across from him.

"Hi!"

"Hi," his voice was timid and shy.

"I'm Y/N L/N!" you stick out your hand and he gulps, "I'm Spencer Reid, and I don't shake hands. Hands have a lot of germs."

You slowly retracted your hand with a nod, "Understandable. So, are you a muggle born? Half-blood? Pureblood?"

"Half-blood. What about you?"

"Half, I think? My mom was a half-blood, but my dad was a pure-blood. So I guess half? Anyway, why are you reading our books now?"

He shrugs, going back to his books, "I like to read. I've already read half of them during the ride here."

Your eyes widen, "Really?! So you read really fast?"

"I have an eidetic memory, so yes."

"Wicked."

Spencer glanced up at you from over his book and he pulled his book up higher to hide his blush.

__________

On the boats towards the castle, you sat beside Spencer and he rambled on about facts about Hogwarts and the castle to you. They were all found in Hogwarts, A History book, which Spencer had already read on the train ride.

You listened intently to his rambles up until you and the rest of the First Years stood in front of Professor McGonagall beside the Sorting Hat. One by one, each student sat at their designated table. You were at Gryffindor and Spencer, surprisingly, was at Slytherin. You honestly thought he'd be in Ravenclaw for his vast knowledge, but nope. A Slytherin he was!

The next day, you found yourself sharing Potions class with the Slytherin First Years, which meant you saw Spencer.

You excitedly sat next to him, which confused the other Slytherins and Gryffindors around you. Spencer, feeling embarrassed, murmured, "Shouldn't you be sitting with the other Gryffindors?"

"I wanna sit next to you though, Spencer."

"Why?"

"Because we're friends," you say with a confident smile and continue to take out your supplies.