Heavy Is the Crown

Summary: During a case, you learn that Spencer never got to go to a high school dance. And that just doesn't sit right with you, so you decide to fix that.

______________________

The case was closed. Several young teenage girls had been kidnapped and murdered. The unsub was a thirty-seven year old male who'd been humiliated at his senior prom, so he saw the young girls as surrogates for the girls who humiliated him at his prom. Before he was able to hurt two more girls, you and the team managed to track him down in time.

You, Spencer, Derek headed towards the SUV after the capture of the unsub. You shook your head in disbelief, "Wow. Prom. Not gonna lie, I didn't see prom as a big deal, but I went anyway because I didn't want to miss out."

Derek smiled with a hum, "My prom is a bit of a blur, honestly. A lot when on that night," he gives you a knowing look and you and Spencer roll your eyes at him.

Then Spencer spoke up, "I never got to attend prom."

You stopped him, before getting into the car, "Wait, you've never been to prom?"

Your friend and crush, Spencer, shrugged, "Well, I wasn't very liked in high school. I got bullied a lot so didn't bother going. No one wanted to go with me." he hopped into the front seat with Derek in the driver's seat, and you took the back.

You shook your head, not liking the idea that Spencer's high school experience was tainted by bullies. Then an idea popped into your head....

___________

Friday morning, Rossi walks into the bullpen gathering everyone's attention, "Joy, Kai, and Shawn are coming over to visit tonight so I'm inviting everyone else as well. Dress to the nines. It'll be a formal dinner cooked by Hayden and myself."

Everyone's eyes lit up with excitement. Yours especially. You watch as Emily speaks with Spencer and you gather everyone else near you, "Okay. Remember everyone needs to get to Rossi's a half hour before the designated time. We all know that Spencer likes to be punctual."

"This is so exciting!" Penelope squeals and you, Tara, JJ, and Luke quiet her down, "Sorry!" She then whispers her previous statement, "This is so exciting!"

You giggle, "Okay, remember, Spencer doesn't know. And try to act cool guys. He's a profiler. He'll know if we're up to something."

"Who's up to something?" you jump when you hear Spencer's voice behind you. He winces and murmurs out an apology.

You shake your head, "It's fine. We're planning on pulling a prank on Hotch. You in?"

He shrugs, "Depends what it is."

"Well, we're still fleshing out the ideas, but I'll let you know." you pat his shoulder and everyone goes back to their respective desks.

Spencer follows you to yours and leans against your desk as you sit down, "Can I give you a ride to Rossi's tonight?"

"Sure! You'll be my DD!" you giggle and he smiles back when he asks, "So, what're you thinking about wearing tonight?"

"I have this maroon satin gown that I've been meaning to wear. Guess I'll wear that. You?"

"Coat and tie?" he gives a shrug.

"At least add some color, Spence! I know you have some colored ties on you."

"Yeah, you're right. Maybe I'll wear a maroon one so we could match," he teases.

You scrunch your nose up in playful distaste, "Ew. Matching with you? No way." you both giggle at the teasing.