Welcome To The World Stormy

Yoshiki gazed down at the little girl in his arms

Yoshiki gazed down at the little girl in his arms. So tiny and so frail and felt nothing but love and adoration. His little girl, he had been given a daughter and she was beautiful. Her skin was like porcelain, a perfect blend of his and Niamh’s. Her hair was the colour of pitch with dark red tones laced through it and appeared that it was going to be pin straight like his instead of wavy like Niamh’s. She had Niamh’s eye colour though. Deep blue. Which he knew babies were born with blue eyes and then changed but he hoped hers never did. She had his nose but Niamh’s mouth and she was just absolutely perfect and no one could tell him otherwise. He had named her Stormy. Not only for her eye colour but because mid-way through Niamh’s labor a winter storm had kicked up and it had been ferocious. Snow and rain, mixed together came pouring from the sky as the wind blew a gail. So, to Niamh he had suggested Stormy Akane for her name. Niamh had agreed and repeated it back to him, adding his family name to the end. Stormy Akane Hayashi and it sounded just right. 

He sat on the edge of Niamh’s hospital bed and held Stormy out to her with a smile. She took their daughter from his arms and held her against her bare chest under the blankets. As soon as the little girl was resting on her mum’s chest she let out a hungry cry making them both laugh, before Yoshiki helped Niamh latch Stormy to her breast just like the doctors had explained to them. He got off the bed and sat on the chair beside it, to give Niamh some more room to do what she needed to do. He watched as she carefully fed his daughter and felt his heart swell even more. What did he do to deserve this? Which God decided he would be blessed with a child of his own. He didn’t know so he sent a silent thank you up to every single one he knew, just to cover all his bases. 

After a little while, he saw that Niamh had fallen asleep and Stormy had unlatched from her mother and was starting to squirm a little. He stood and gently lifted his daughter out from under the blankets. He draped a burping blanket over his shoulder and then started rubbing Stormy’s back like he had been shown. As soon as he was done, he placed her on a swaddle blanket and wrapped her up. Then rather than placing her in the bassinet beside Niamh’s bed, he held her against him as he reclined in the chair. Like this, he fell asleep himself, his daughter snuggled safely and securely against him.