Of Heartbreak and Sorrow

A ten year old Niamh came running into his office yelling and crying

A ten year old Niamh came running into his office yelling and crying. She ignored the rest of the group who were also gathered and came straight over to him. 

“Is it true daddy!? Is Hide-ojisan really?” She couldn’t finish, as her cries turned into heavy sobs. 

Yoshiki felt his heart shatter all over again, but this time for his daughter as he pulled her into him quickly. 

“Oh little dove, I’m so sorry. I wanted to tell you myself. How did you find out?” 

“From mum! She never stays when I’m with you. Never. But she did this time, even stayed the night. That’s how I knew something was wrong. So I made her tell me.” Stormy got out in between her sobs. 

“I’m sorry darling, that you had to find out like this and it breaks my heart to have to tell you that yes, it’s true. Hide-ojisan passed away last night.” Yoshiki whispered, sniffing back his tears that were threatening to fall. 

But he couldn’t hold them back any longer and so fall they did. And they fell faster, when he felt the sudden pressure of another pair of arms wrapping around him and Stormy. And then another and another. He looked up and found the rest of the band surrounding them, turning it into a large group hug and everyone, for once let down all their barriers and all of their tears fell together. A pain all too real and shared between everyone present. This was a blow to all of them and they weren’t sure if they’d ever recover.