2 | Strangers

Under the lights tonight, you turned around, and you stole my heart
With just one look, when I saw your face, I fell in love.

-Stole my heart,
ONE DIRECTION

-Stole my heart, ONE DIRECTION

Death too must be earned.

And the one who was not opening the door for Grace was earning it.

"Open the damn door!" She yelled, giving the door a harsh push. She was ringing the bell for 10 minutes straight and nobody showed up.

Someone was really testing her anger management skills.

At the sound of the door creaking she glanced up, her face falling into a frown. The door was already open.

Grace swallowed down a grim frown and instead slowly entered the house, taking her time so she could mentally prepare herself for any encounter.

She pushed open the door, blinking her eyes for the dimly lit room.

If Dad was planning to get me killed, she thought.

She heard some voice from one of the room and headed there. The room was small and dark, a single rectangular window situated in the corner of the room.

Her eyes landed on a figure in the chair. A boy, he looked like he was in his early twenties. His dark hair was ruffled up, twisting into a fringe that swept over his hooded woody brown eyes. His skin had a honey tinge to it, his cheekbones defined his face, complementing his sharp jawline.

She noticed he hadn't seen her till now as his eyes were glued on his computer, earphones stuffed in his ears.

His slump shoulders straightened up in excitement, fingers clicking away in the silence. He was in a long sleeve T shirt and casual trousers.

"Um.. excuse me?" She called, knocking lightly at the door of the room.

He still didn't budge. He leaned back, one hand incessantly typing away while the other sipped at the tea.

She picked up few books with both of her hand from the nearest table and threw it on his head.

She could've just tapped on his shoulder but no, no, no.....

It was a revenge for making her wait.

He immediately shot up at the hit, he rubbed his head and glanced in her direction with a frown, his eyes capturing hers.

His brow was not thick but it made him look manly, his nose pointed. He was good looking but she don't like good looking people they make her feel insecure..

He observed her from top to bottom, clearly annoyed at her for throwing a book at him, a bunch of books to be specific.

She studied him closely, taking in his pouted heart shaped lips and stiffened body. He wanted to throw her in a junkyard that she could tell from his current expression. The bags under his eyes indicated he was not getting good sleep for a while.