14 | Disgrace

All wrapped in one
He was so many sins
Would have done anything
Everything for him
And if you ask me
I would do it again

-Heaven,
JULIA MICHAELS

The cleverest people are the ones who don't mind when dumb people consider them stupid

Because they know what they're doing. They know what their actions will lead to.

Atharv looked at the mirror, his hands on the either side of the washbasin.

His heart ached everytime she looked at him with a little trust in her eyes.

Did he even deserve that?

He shook his head and closed his eyes, unleashing his delusions that blended with his memories.

Her long hair flew all over her face as she sat on the wooden bridge above a small lake.

Her legs dangling carelessly, just a little away from touching the water. There were daffodils by the side of the bridge that appeared golden in the ray of the sun.

The breeze had a way of moving her hair, of tousling it into buoyant curls. It carried with it the fragrance of earth, soft after the washing of the rain and a sweet and steady sense of joy.

When he got a peek of her face, he couldn't help but gape at how ethereal she looked. Her white dress made her look like an absolute angel.

His forehead creased at the sight of a tear making its way from her left eye, crystal tear sliding against her smooth skin but she wiped it immediately.

Her long eyelashes fluttered while she took a deep breath and stood up.

'Are all humans this beautiful?' He wondered, eyes twinkling with adoration for the girl with angelic beauty.

Opening his eyes, he came face-to-face to himself again, he looked better than how he appeared two weeks ago.

Nothing changed much except for a certain someone made her grand entry into his life with a pile of books.

A small smile graced his lips as he recalled the incident. However, his smile was quick in slipping from his lips.

What was he even doing?

He wasn't supposed to build a soft corner for Grace, anyone but her.

Grace Fernandez was not a good person.

Sometimes you just have to accept that some people are shitty humans and stop trying to see the good that isn't there.

Grace Fernandez still had something good in her though.