9.5|| The Plight of Fame

So I bet all of you are wondering where I have been for the past 5 weeks.

I intended to update with the 10th chapter on my usual 2 week timeline, but then there was an error with quotev when I was editing and I somehow lost all of my writing.

30 pages of work. Hours of my time and energy; and I hadn't backed up my writing by putting it anywhere else.

Honestly, it was devastating. Especially since I spent so much time and effort on that chapter. I'm not going to lie, I cried when I realized that it was all gone.

So that was 2 weeks of work down the toilet. I was in a grieving writer's block for another week after that before I decided to write this as compensation and because I don't have the will to start that 30 page chapter again.

All of my work guys. All of it.

I'm still so upset about it.

Anyway, I hope to get the next chapter out on my usual timing, but we'll see if that happens. It'll probably take longer because I'm so salty about losing all of my beautifully written scenes and it's so much harder to write something a second time.

So here is a little extra chapter between chapters nine and ten. This was initially going to be a 100 heart special, but the loss of chapter ten made me put this into the plot line. It's an official chapter now.

Enjoy!

-----

Once the chaos with Alix's akumatization wore down, a small group of four quietly dispersed from the crowd, not sneaking away but also not declaring their departure. They walked in comfortable silence up the stairs, not once looking back at their classmates. After all, the race was over; they'd done their part by supporting and congratulating their peers, so now it was time to leave.

Especially since the akumatization left them with less time to do what they wanted.

"So, where are we going?" Elizabeth voiced once they were far enough away, looking at her companions, "I haven't been around Paris too much so most of it's a mystery to me."

The dirty blonde glanced at the boy walking beside her. Catching her gaze, the green-eyed boy raised his hands in surrender. "Don't ask me," Adrien replied quickly, "I have no idea either."

Elizabeth blinked at him. Adrien looked right back. Then the two simultaneously turned towards Nino, the self-appointed ringleader of the whole situation. To their luck, the boy glanced back at that exact same moment and noticed their looks. He slid his headphones off. "Don't worry; we're going to a small café a few minutes away from here. They have great food and it won't take very long."

With that answer, the two relaxed and looked around. Elizabeth felt Jumbe shuffle under her hoodie. The poor guy was probably getting impatient waiting for some food.

Don't worry Jumbe, Elizabeth thought. It won't be much longer.

After a moment of silence, Nathaniel spoke up. "Well, today's certainly been an interesting one, that's for sure."

"Yeah," Elizabeth quickly agreed. "We were lucky Chat Noir and Ladybug were there to save us."

"No kidding, dude!" Nino chimed in, apparently deciding to forgo his headphones for the rest of the walk. "Being stuck in time sucked. My mind was still working but I couldn't see or do anything. Terrifying."

Elizabeth frowned at that knowledge. She had assumed that everyone Timebreaker touched actually died. It was relieving and worrying to know that wasn't the case. Questions began to float around in her mind.