9. First Date

Maria pov

I slept great that night. When I woke up I eagerly checked my room for my golden wolf. I was disappointed when he was nowhere to be found. My wolf whined and I trudged sadly into the shower.

When I got out and wrapped myself in a towel. As I exited my ensuite, steam wafted past me. I jumped and screamed when I saw Gemma sitting on my bed in a grim reaper costume.

"What the actual heck Gemma!" I shouted. Papa ran into my room but left laughing as he saw Gemma.

"You did not attend the party." Gemma stated. "What were you doing missy?"

"I went for I run." I said over my shoulder as I picked out a bra and underwear. I slipped them on inside my closet then walked back out.

"Why? You missed like the biggest party ever!" Gemma exclaimed.

"I went for a run because I wanted to missed the supposed biggest party ever." I rolled my eyes. "Which I ended up breaking up at six am!"

"Oh don't I know it." Gemma groaned. "You interrupted us just when it was getting real good and then all of a sudden everyone is running away with their tails between their legs."

I laughed as I pulled a pair of jean shorts that ended two inches above my knee. I tugged a white blouse on and spritzed some perfume onto my wrists.

"I can't possibly be that scary!" I laughed while rubbing my wrists on my neck.

"Hey any chance you know why the neighboring alpha shifted and then went upstairs?" Gemma asked. "I didn't see him come back down because my parents dragged me home."

The neighboring alpha is my mate? Well we're surrounded by other packs so he might not be.

"What colour was his wolf?" I asked timidly. Gemma's face lit up.

"Oh he was the most beautiful shimmering gold wolf!" Gemma continued speaking but I tuned her out. My mate is an alpha? How can that be?

"Maria, are you listening?" Gemma asked. I absentmindedly nodded my head and excused myself, claiming that my wolf was restless and needed to run.

I got to the forest and hung my outfit on a tree. I shifted and let out a quick howl and waited for my answer. I got a response and from the tone I knew it was from my golden wolf. I yipped and set out in a run.

Soon I felt another wolf behind me but I reacted too slowly and the golden wolf had pushed me with his head. I snapped playfully and snuggled my head into his chest. He bumped my body with his head to his side. Slowly he sauntered away and turned to check I was following.

We walked for a while and soon the pack presence disappeared. I looked at my gold wolf only to see him standing tall and proud to be showing his territory off to his mate. I bumped into him jokingly. He looked down at me and I grinned.

I looked up and saw a big lake with a cliff to one side. I took off in a sprint and scratched up the side of the cliff. There was a staircase carved into the stone as well as a rock climbing wall. I reached the top and excitedly leaped off the edge. My gold wolf stood protectively at the edge of the water. I landed in the water with a big splash and doggy-paddled my way to shore.

I shook my fur out when I was right next to him. He growled playfully then picked me up by the scruff of my neck and tossed me back into the water. I came out dripping wet and yipping. My gold wolf trotted over behind a tree and came out in swim trunks and was carrying a terri-cloth robe.

He was tall- very tall -and a dirty blonde to match his golden wolf. His jawline was sharp, his eyes were a bright ocean blue and his skin was tan. He also had a drool-worthy six pack. My tongue flopped out of my mouth and a deep masculine laugh floated into my ears.

He walked over to me and tossed the robe onto my back. He turned around and waited. I shifted and shoved my arms through the sleeves. I tied the drawstring and cleared my throat.

"There are swimsuits behind that tree over there. You can choose one if you'd like." His deep voice rolled over me and I shivered. He hadn't turned around.

"Thank you," I squeaked and headed over to the tree.

I picked out a black tankini with little yellow sunshines on it. The bottom has little frills around the waist band. I stepped out blushing and stood behind him. I tapped his shoulder.

"Hey, I'm Maria!" My voice chirped. He turned around and his eyes went wide. "Um, does it fit okay?"

"Yeah," he said. "You're just even more beautiful than I ever imagined my mate to be. I'm Flynn."

My face blushed bright red and I giggled nervously.

"Thanks." I whispered. It was silent for a few seconds.

"So do you want to go for a swim?" He asked revealing a bright white smile.

"Sure!" I answered with a matching grin.

~~~~~

"So wait, you slammed her into the wall?" Flynn laughed.

"Well, she kicked me." I laughed. "I had just shifted for the first time and my wolf was unsettled still."

Flynn and I were hanging out just getting to know each other. After we went swimming Flynn lent me his t-shirt because I was getting cold. I was telling him funny stories that happened lately and he was sharing stories of his younger brothers.

I was telling him about my night locked away when I heard Jeremy's panicked howl. My eyes went wide.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't tell anyone where I went. I have to go!" I panicked.

"It's okay. Keep the suit." Flynn smiled. "Do you want to meet up tomorrow?"

I smiled and nodded while removing the shirt and tossing it at him. I turned and ran into the trees. I shifted and carried the swimsuit in my mouth and took off towards home.

Flynn pov

That night I sat on the edge of the bed and put the t-shirt over my pillowcase. When my head hit the pillow I was enveloped in my little mates scent.

"Maria," I sighed.