12. Moonbeam

I woke up buried under thick blankets. When I rolled over I saw Flynn laying in the couch across the room. I rubbed my fists across my eyes and yawned. Flynn began to stir when I was stretching.

"Morning," his deep voice rumbled. He sat up and lifted his strong muscular arms straight into the air and stretched. I couldn't tear my eyes away from his bare back lined with muscles. They rippled as he moved.

"You might want to close your mouth before you drool." Flynn teased while pulling on a t-shirt.

"Yeah whatever," I mumbled. I pulled the blankets over my head and then I peeked my face out, grinning childishly.

Flynn came over to me and sat on the edge of his bed. He rubbed my back on top of the blankets and smiled softly.

"Do you want to tell me why I found you hidden in my bushes?" I looked up into Flynn's face as new tears welled in my eyes. His thumb brushed away the first tear that fell.

"When I got home Jeremy went all angry Alpha and tried to order me to be grounded. When I pointed out his commands never worked he practically blew up," I gasped and sniffled. Tears ran down my face.

"He, he said that he was my brother! It hurts because I've always felt alone. I've never been alone, but I've felt it. All my life I wondered whether I had a family. Were my parents still alive? Did I have siblings? And all along I practically was living with my family. I watched my father die! They knew, Jeremy, Matt and Ryder knew and they didn't tell me," my voice was a shaking whisper at the end. Flynn pulled me into his arms where I broke down.

The tears didn't stop and I was sobbing so hard that my chest felt tight and I sounded like a walrus. My breathing quickened and my head felt too light. I was dizzy. Flynn moved my head into his neck. I took deep breaths of his scent.

"Water," I croaked between breaths. Flynn nodded, picked me up and walked to the door. He stuck his head out.

"Mom!" Flynn yelled. "Could you have someone bring a glass of water?" He walked back over to the bed and sat down while pulling me tighter into his chest. My breath was coming in small gasps but it was better than before. There was a timid knock at the door and then it opened revealing a woman who looked about forty. She caught my eye as I was peeking my face out of Flynn's chest.

"Here you go honey," she smiled and handed the cup to Flynn. "You can call me Mom sweetie, because your Flynn's mate and that's what most of the pack call me." I smiled and wiped the tears from my cheek.

"Thanks Mom." Flynn said as she left. I pulled back to take a gulp of water.

"Thank you for holding me." I whispered. Flynn nodded and held me closer.

"Are you hungry?" He asked tilting my head up with his finger.

"A little but I'm sure I look like a troll right now." I laughed.

"A beautiful troll," Flynn teased. I lightly smacked his chest and giggled.

"That was corny," Flynn laughed at my words and walked me to the bathroom. He opened a cupboard and there was a hairbrush, comb and a tooth brush.

"Toothpaste is on the counter." He said and shut the door.

I laughed as I looked around the bathroom. While Flynn's room had been tidy, his bathroom certainly wasn't. There were various towels strewn around the room and the soap was on its side. The laundry basket was overflowing and the poor toothpaste tube looked as if it had been strangled without the lid. I did my bathroom routine and exited.

"Did you have an argument with your toothpaste?" I asked laughing.

"What do you mean?" Flynn asked while changing his shirt.