7 - Accidental Confrontation

For the past few hours, you'd been baking in the castle's kitchen with Hunk. He'd wanted to try out a new recipe for a while and, considering everyone else refused, you thought it'd be a good time for the two of you to bond. Sure, you knew each other, but it didn't go much deeper than that since both of you were too shy to initiate a conversation.

"Hunk, this looks amazing!", you gasped, holding onto the edge of the counter eagerly. He blushed, not expecting your sudden compliment, and you giggled at his cute reaction. Upon hearing you laugh, he grabbed a handful of Altean flour and rubbed it in your hair, giving you an innocent smile. You put a hand over your heart and whined, trying to brush the flour from your hair. 

"Now that's just rude,", you pouted. 

"I'm sorry! Lance dared me to get flour in one of the girls' hair when I was baking, and I knew Allura and Pidge would've attacked me if I did that to them!", he blurted out, twiddling his fingers. You laughed, putting a hand on his shoulder and patting it gently.

"Good thing I'm not actually offended then,", you assured, but decided to tease him by adding, "But you're lucky Keith's not around". He got paranoid, glancing around the room quickly before sighing a breath of relief and laughing at your teasing.

"Noy funny, y/n,", he joked, but his eyes widened upon a realisation. "Hey, speaking of Keith. I haven't seen him in a while, where is he?"

Your head soon shot up, only now being reminded of how long it had been since you last saw your mullet head boyfriend. Biting your lip, you gave Hunk a worried shrug, and he mimicked your actions, worried for his friend. 

"Should we look for him?", he finally suggested, seeing you nervously tap your foot against the ground and pick at your nails. You nodded and moved swiftly to the door, leaving Hunk scurrying after you. "H-hey! Slow down!", he hollered but ran back to the kitchen when he remembered he had something in the oven that needed to be taken out.

~~

You'd been looking for your boyfriend for almost an hour now, but he didn't seem to be anywhere. Not even his own room. You tugged at your hair to keep the tears at bay - you'd hardly been apart since the day you both started dating, and it made you anxious being away from him. 

"Keith?", you shouted one last time, ready to give up. 

At that moment, you walked past your room door, almost turning a blind eye to the sound of shuffling inside of it. You leaned your head back in confusion, wondering who or what could be making that noise. You stared blankly for a while before gaining the courage to just open the door and face it head-on. 

Twisting the handle, you were shocked to see the room consumed with complete darkness, the hallway serving as your only light source. Your hands shook, fear overtaking you as you walked further into the room. It seemed like someone was in the bathroom, but you couldn't be sure. 

"Hello?", you whispered, knocking on the door. 

A loud bang followed your knock, making you yelp and jump back in shock. A few seconds of hesitation later, you picked yourself up and barged into the room, not giving a damn who saw you shaking so badly. However, you did let out a sigh of relief when you saw those oh-so-familiar black locks of hair. 

"D-don't look!", Keith begged, quickly grabbing a towel to cover his body. Your eyes widened, finally processing the situation you were in; you had just walked in on Keith. While he was naked. In your bathroom- wait... your bathroom? That doesn't sound right. 

"Why are you in my bathroom?!", you yelled, covering your eyes and turning around. He fumbled over his words for a second, and you could practically feel his blush from the other end of the bathroom. Well, maybe that was your own, but you wouldn't admit that. 

"Well- I, uh, the water wasn't working in my bathroom, s-so... I just used yours? I thought you were baking with Hunk", he finally managed, pulling on his joggers hastily. "You can look now, sunshine,". You turned slowly, lowering your hand ever so slightly until you could confirm that he was decent. Then, you took a step forward, hitting his chest lightly with the back of your hand. "Ow! What was that for?"

"For scaring me, for using my bathroom and - oh this is the big one - for leaving me alone for so long!", you sulked, crossing your arms over your chest defiantly. 

He laughed, moving closer until you could practically feel his breath fanning over your face. Your own breathing hitched, but you relaxed when he pulled you closer and pressed his lips to the top of your head. A smile broke onto your lips, Keith smiling almost as brightly at that moment.

"You really can't keep away from me, huh? Even when I'm showering you barge in, love,", he teased, watching in amusement as you flushed a bright red from his sudden playfulness. "Is my mullet just that irresistible?", he continued, but that's when you decided to fire back.

"Nah, I'm just distracting you so Lance can come and barge in with a pair of scissors to chop it all off,", you lied and made a snipping motion with your fingers. "I'm really gonna miss your long hair,", you continued, and you could swear he somehow got paler. 

"What? No way. Don't you dare chop my hair off,", he sternly told you, protectively covering his hair. This action alone was enough to make you drop the act almost instantly. You cracked, finally bursting into a fit of laughter and pointing at his face. 

"T-that look!", you wheezed, not being able to continue your sentence. He gave you a minute to regain your composure before giving you a stern look told you he knew you'd messed with him. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to walk in on you... naked, and I didn't mean to mess with your mullet,", you gave in, wrapping your arms around his neck. 

He huffed but pulled you closer to him nonetheless, arms slithering around your shorter frame. His chin rested on your head, and you enjoyed the feeling of being so close to him. 

"I forgive you, don't worry. I mean, you've seen me like that before anyway, right?", he whispered. 

"K-Keith!", you screamed, blushing furiously.