40 - Furniture Shopping

IKEA: the shop that does it all. Whether you go there for the meatballs, the furniture or the decorations, you always find something you like or need -- generally at the expense of your partner's credit card. And so, when you and Keith decided to move in together, it was no surprise that you suggested going to IKEA to get the stuff you needed.

"I have a vision,", you claimed, fluffing your hair out one final time before slipping your bag onto your shoulder and swinging the car keys around on your finger. "C'mon, bub. It'll be fun! I mean, just look at how bare this place is. We need a bed to sleep in, and some decorations to make it more cosy. Don't you want a nice bed to snuggle in and watch movies?"

"I hate how persuasive you are,", your ravenette fiancé -- he had proposed a month or so before your house hunt, and you obviously said yes -- groaned, grumpily slipping his shoes on and sticking his hands in the pockets of his linen trousers as he followed you out of the front door, pouting slightly.

"You're the best,", you hum, standing on your toes to peck his cheek before hopping into the driver's side of the car and leaning over to put your bag in the backseat, then blasting the aircon. It had been boiling recently, so you and Keith had dressed the part, Keith being clad in loose clothing with his hair in a bun, whilst you wore a flowy summer dress. "Get in, lover boy. You might be good at flying, but I'm not trusting you to drive this thing,"

"I crashed a car one time, one time! And it was when I was learning,", you giggled and put your key in the ignition, then pulled off of the drive, off to IKEA.

---

"First on the agenda; food!", you chirped, fixing your make-up in the little mirror and then hopping out of the car after Keith opened your door. "Let me grab my bag, then we're ready to go,", you slipped past him, opened the back door of the car and reached down for the bag, bringing the strap over your shoulder once more, then spun on your heel and shot a wide grin in Keith's direction that made his nerves fade almost instantly.

"I won't object to food, but let me pay today, love,", he insisted, his arm dropping over your shoulder as the two of you strolled through the large doors, making a b-line to the escalator that would take you to the delicious food court, your mouths practically watering at the thought of all the pastries and food waiting for you.

"Nonsense. We'll use the joint account,", you dismissed, bringing his hand to your lips and placing a gentle kiss on it, leaving a small smear of lipstick, though he didn't seem to mind. People gave large smiles and waves as you walked past, recognising both you and your boyfriend from the work he did saving the world, and you from all the press conferences you'd been to, given your earthly role in stopping the aliens. "Now, cinnamon buns or diam cake?"

"Cinnamon buns,", he replied immediately, the words flowing freely from his mouth before he could even think. With a chuckle, he elaborated. "Let's get cinnamon buns, darling,", you simply hummed and grabbed a trolley, loading it with a few cinnamon buns, two cold drinks and a packet of crisps before walking to the checkout section and grabbing two mugs.

Before you knew it, you had paid and chosen somewhere to sit, and Keith left the table with the mugs, making the two of you a (favourite hot drink) to have with your pastry. You unloaded the trolley, sliding a plate over to his side of the table and placing one in front of yourself, then putting the crisps in your bag for later, just in time for him to return to the table. Planting a kiss on your forehead, he placed the mugs down and slipped into his chair, sighing.

"So many selfies,", he huffed, making you giggle as you glanced back at the fangirls squealing a few feet away.

"They just like meeting their idol, that's all. And I can't blame them, considering how good you look,", you winked, taking in his toned arms and muscular chest that were made obvious by the tank top he was wearing beneath his short-sleeved shirt, each curve of his torso outlined. His jawline was sculpted almost perfectly, and his skin was smooth as ever, giving the illusion of him glowing. Of course, people were going to stare at someone so attractive.