Chapter 9: Reunion

"Speak" - pokemon speak

"Words" - regular speech

Anything underlined or bolded is to put emphasis on it or a combo of both

Third Person POV

Everyone was gathered in the conference/ lounge area, wait staff walked throughout, and took drink orders. Everyone was enjoying catching up. It had been a while since they'd seen some of the others. There were also many new faces as well.

No one was really sure why they were called but it involved all the regions, and the Kingdom of Auran.

Some people were vaguely familiar, people saw once and never again people, some people you could name if you thought about it, some people who are recognizable, and people who are recognizable but will stay background characters with maybe a line or two.

Then the characters you recognize.

Brock, Misty, Serena, Iris, Max, May, Alain, trip, Dawn, Cilan, and, of course, Lance are to name a few.

They were sitting in groups, telling tales, sharing info, drinking.

Misty and Brock were talking to a woman that hasn't been around before.

Serena and Dawn, and were grouped discussing Ash and what he looked like and what he's doing now.

" What do you think he looks like?

" What do you think he's doing?"

" Do you think he's still as adorable as he was years ago?"

" Is he still getting into trouble fighting things, he shouldn't be fighting?"

Master Sergeant Marcus Kukui commonly known when not on duty as Professor Kukui entered the conference area will his unit

Behind him were Sergeants First Class Lana Suiren and Gladion Aether

And then Sargents Sophocles Mamane, Mallow Mao and Lillie Aether

Auran Ambassador Lance Wataru had recognized them when they were sent on missions together and from dinners with Ash.

Lance approached Kukui, drawing the man into a hug and shaking the hands of the rest of Desert Rose, the name of the unit that Ash personally commanded, His Majesty's Strike Force.

The room noticed the entrance of them but didn't pay much attention. Mistake one.

Professor Kukui looked at the people around him, it's like they don't realize how powerful and terrifying Ash can be... Were these children Ash traveled with seen the carnage and death brought to people who threaten him and his? His power, his presence?

He had noticed his students, his subordinates were also looking on with obvious confusion.

Him and his group stood and sat with obvious military bearing. Those who served and the champions recognize the stance. They were literally Ash's strike force stationed in Alola. But went where they were needed

"Should he be here? I mean from the stories you've told, hes very naive and not very good. But he's cute so he has that going for him."

The woman Misty brought to try to get Ash a girlfriend, didn't matter that Iris was admittedly against it because he was as straight as a circle, she should know, she was here with her girlfriend.

You could hear the metaphorical record scratch.

Everyone turned to look at this brazen woman with awe and open disgust and confusion.

Serena slowly walked up. Pissed that someone would did her "Boyfriend."

" What do you mean?"

"I mean, he's never won a tournament."

" Well, neither have you., and you don't have to be here if you don't want to you aren't even here to advise on the return of Lysander and such."

" Why is everyone so loyal to this little kid?"

The sound of boots hitting the floor had people turning and looking, Lance set his legs down from the coffee table where he had put his legs upon.

" You only know the surface of Hi-, Ash. and for the record he goes by the age of hes 25"

He stuttered like he wanted him to call him by a different name.

'25 x more like it' he thought sarcastically.

"Why are you here Lance?" asked Cynthia who was just watching the argument unfold.

" First of all, Cynthia it's all hands on deck because remember what happened when Lysander last tried his plan?"

Lance stared at the champion.

" I'm here because of my job, my boss will be arriving shortly."

" What job have you taken up Lance?" Diantha asked curiously.

" Not taken up, I've had it since I moved to the regions years ago, Ambassador to the Kingdom of Auran," Lance said casually.

Gasps rang out through the room.

Lance sat up serious.

"Is that a problem? This also includes the kingdom as world domination is their goal and even though the others are more resilient, most of them can still die."

"Most?" someone questioned.

He stood up and brought his hand to his ear, he seemed to be listening to something, he took a sip of his brandy, then proceeded to spit it out everywhere.

"What?!?" he sputtered, coughing he looked faint and shocked.

People looked at him confused waiting for him to continue.

"Understood." He cleaned his face and sat down.

The champions sat in confusion. How old is lance then?

"How old are you, Lance...?"

" Uhhhh, I'm 2,789, this past April., I tell people I'm 27 though."

Spit takes echoed around the room, the only people who didn't look surprised were the Alolan gang and Professor Kukui.

"What are you, Lance?"

Before Lance could answer the sound of marching boots down the hall to the room.

The doors flew open and guards and wait staff flowed in.

Boots can be heard walking down the hall, and then, Bonnie and Clemont appeared.

They looked so different and they held themselves so differently and they wore such different clothes you had to do a double-take to see who it was.

Clemont had jet black hair, brushed back in an updo, he was wearing a form-fitting suit tailored to his body.

Bonnie had brown hair that was up into a bun and was wearing a suit skirt set. Also tailored,

Kiawe walked in, also wearing a suit formatting, it was just a shock to see him wearing a shirt.

Delila walked in wearing a suit but stood off to the side doing her job, then he walked in

Ash.

And the Story Continues......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------