Shipwrecked Chapter 19

Shipwrecked Chapter 19: Dead Body, Or Dead Heart?

<< Dan >>

She had seen us, together. There was no backing out now.

My arm was nimbly draped around Lucy's skinny waist, I was looking at her as she had instructed. Inside, I hoped my eyes portrayed the deepest pits of hell - where she belonged. But no, I shouldn't say that. She was delusional, crazy, pathetic. But she wasn't a demon. Although, thinking back, I may have to reconsider.

Carrie's eyes opened slowly, and she blinked sweetly a few times. Her perfect lips formed an 'O' shape as her beautiful eyes adjusted to the light. She was out again in seconds.

My heart broke, shattered into a million tiny fragments and spread across the sandy floor. She would hate me, she wouldn't survive. I couldn't face this truth, this hurt, and yet here I was, being held hostage by a freak. By this person, who was blackmailing me into loving her. But I would never truly love her, as long as I lived.

I loved Carrie.

True, Lucy had threatened to kill Carrie if I didn't obey, but what would Carrie prefer? A dead body, or a dead heart? I couldn't decide, so I went with Lucy. I put on the act, I played along.

"Dan," Lucy hissed quietly as soon as Carrie blacked out again. "She's our slave now. We rule, we are together and you love me. Okay?"

I didn't respond. She continued.

"We tell her what to do, she does it. She means nothing to you, I mean everything. I am your life, she is nothing. Look at me!" She ordered.

Bitterly, I obeyed. Her eyes were wild, her hair was frizzy and her nails were long and clean, which made me hate her all the more.

I couldn't believe she was making me do this to Carrie. If Lucy didn't kill her, the heartache would. Carrie wouldn't make it.

But what could I do?

** Carrie **

I was still up against this stupid tree. I kept my eyes closed at first. My wrists were sore from being tied up, my neck hurt from being in one place for so long.

My heart hurt more than anything else.

At first I couldn't understand why, but then it all came back to me. The hand holding, the laughing.

Laughing.

I could still hear the laughing like a very clear memory still ringing in my ears. Her sharp, high pitched hyena laugh; his deep chuckle. But, I noticed, his wasn't a happy laugh, his was bitter.

Slowly, I opened my eyes to the darkness of the forest. It was night time.

In front of me, two figures were huddled, their heads close together. I instantly knew who they were. Their faces were towards me, but it looked like they were two caught up in each other to ever notice me.

"Dan,." I croaked. I realised I was thirsty, but that didn't matter right now.

His head snapped up quickly, his eyes wide. But then his expression held nothing, no traces of anything. His eyes looked pained.

"Ah finally. The princess awakens," Lucy drawled, using sarcasm on nearly all her words. I narrowed my eyes. What was happening?

"Untie me," I ordered. Surprisingly, she obeyed. She walked behind the tree, and a moment later, my hands were free.

Suddenly, an awful pain erupted in my head. Lucy had grabbed a handful of my hair and had pulled my head back. I could just see the top of her head from where she had positioned me. Dan lunged forward, but then stopped and backed away, always looking at Lucy.

"Now," She began. "Me and Dan are together. He realised that he didn't want you." She grinned evilly.

"You do what we say from now on, and no harm will come to you. Understand?"

I nodded and winced as pain shot through my head.

"Good. Now Dan has something to say to you," She said, as she released my head and sharply pushed me towards Dan.

Slowly, I walked towards him and looked up into his pure eyes. There was a message in them for me, but I couldn't decipher what it was. Dan took a breath, then began talking, his voice quivering slightly.

"Caroline, I don't love you. I never loved you. I love Lucy."

***********************************************************

What you think?

Enough?

Vote, comment, like.

I really wanna get this on What's Hot again. Please help?

You fans are amazing, and I would really like it if you would do a little more for me? I know you do so much already but... please?

Only you can help, just go and press the vote button for me.

Ooh, I have blackmail too! It was my birthday last week, so please vote and comment as a BIRTHDAY PRESENT! Please?

I'm literally begging now, and I'm uploading more soooo... *hint hint*

Okay, so that's about it from me. I hope you liked this post, I tried to use more description in it. My English levels are doing good, I got the highest level in my group the other day :D

Thanks for reading this insanely long message, and my upload (if ya did), and... well... byebye!

<3 Drama xx