Chapter 12

2 months had past since Meredith was able to leave the hosptial and 2 months since Derek proposed.

Physically, Meredith was pretty much all healed. She got sore every one in a while, but she felt good. Derek and Meredith had moved in together, and their dream house was being built.

The wedding was today. Derek slept at marks apartment, as to not see the bride before the wedding. He woke up with a big smile on his face and went to the kitchen.

"Mark, thanks for making breakfast, but I'm getting married today." Derek said in a sarcastic tone. "Shut up. Best man duties. Gotta fulfill them." Mark replied.

Derek smirked and sat down at the table. "How you feeling? You nervous? Excited?" Mark asked.

"Excited. And a good nervous. I've been waiting for this since I met her." Derek replied. "Domt get all mushy on me, Shepherd."

•••

Meredith woke up and walked downstairs. She was very excited. Nervous. Very nervous. But also very excited. Today she was marrying the love of her life.

"Good morning bride!" Izzie squealed happily as she came in the living room. "Don't. Don't do the happy bridal thing. It's creepy." Meredith said.

"Oh, come on. Meredith Grey, child of darkness, is finally getting married. We can celebrate that." Izzie said.

"You know, for once, I agree with Barbie. It's your wedding." Cristina cut in. "I am excited. But I don't care about the wedding. I care about the marriage. I just want to marry Derek." Meredith admitted.

"Whatever. I made breakfast for you and you better eat up. Derek made me make sure you ate enough." Izzie replied, leading them into the kitchen.

•••

After both of them ate, they made their way to the chapel. The girls went into one room to get ready and the guys went into the other.

"How do I look?" Derek asked with a small smile. "You look good, Shepherd." Mark replied. "Derek. Can I talk to you real quick?" Richard asked from across the room. Derek nodded and walked over.

"I may not be Merediths father, but if you hurt her in anyway, I won't hesitate to kick your ass, you hear me? She's like my little girl." Richard said sternly.

Derek let himself smile. He was never sure where Meredith and Richards relationship stood, but he was happy to see Richard doing the protective father thing.

"Yes, sir. I won't hurt her again." Derek promised. "Good." Richard said, fixing dereks tie. "You look good. Go make her happy." Richard said with a smile.

•••

Meredith and the rest of the girls were all getting ready in another room. "You ready Meredith?" Izzie asked happily. Meredith walked out of the changing room in her dress with a nervous smile.

"Mer...." Izzie trailed off. "You look gorgeous." She said. "You look great, Meredith." Cristina said. "Really?" Meredith asked shyly.

"You do, Grey." Bailey replied softly. "Thanks." She replied, her cheeks turning a shade of pink. "Is richard walking you down the isle?" Izzie asked. Meredith nodded.

"I hope I don't fall." Meredith joked. "You won't." Everyone said at the same time. "It's almost time." Bailey said. "Ready?" Izzie asked. "Yeah." Meredith replied.

•••

Everyone took their seats and it was time. Derek stood at the front of the church, waiting anxiously for Meredith to walk down.

"Are you ready for this?" Richard asked with a soft smile. "Yes. Thank you for doing this." Meredith replied. "You look beautiful. Your mother would be proud of you."

"She wouldn't, but thank you." Meredith said. "It's time." Richard said.

Meredith took a deep breath before the doors opened. Richard walked aside Meredith with a proud smile. Derek made eye contact with his wife to be and tears came to his eyes.

Richard gave a kiss to her Merediths forehead before giving her off to Derek. "You look gorgeous." Derek whispered. Meredith chuckled lightly and smiled.

"Do you, Derek Michael Shepherd, take Meredith Elizabeth Grey to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The priest asked.

"I do." Derek said with a smile. "And do you, Meredith Elizabeth Grey, take Derek Michael Shepherd to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest said. Derek wasted no time, pulling Merediths mouth on his and kissing her deeply. Meredith did the same and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I love you so much." He whispered. "I love you too, husband." Meredith replied.

•••

The reception after was very fun. They got tons and tons congratulations, but they were most looking forward to their personal after party.

"God, I can't believe I waited this long to get this dress off of you." Derek murmered as they got back to the house. Everyone had vacated the house, knowing what the newly weds would be doing.

"You look so hot in the suit. But it's time to take it off." Meredith whispered.

The two of them collapsed into bed, gasping for air. "Married sex is the best. God." Derek sighed happily. "It really is." Meredith agreed, resting her head on his bare chest.

"I like being married to you." He said. "We've been married for a few hours." Meredith pointed out. "I know. But I still like it." Derek replied.

"Me too. You're my husband. That's like, insane. We met in a bar and now we're married." Meredith said sleepily. "I like being your husband. Now, get some sleep. We have a full trip to the Bahamas tomorrow." Derek smiled.

"Love you."

"I love you too, Mer."

Hey guys! That's the story! I know it was shorter than I excepted, but I hope you all enjoyed it. I have plans of starting a new story soon, but I want to try to update more of my current stories. I hope your all doing well!