Chapter 38: The Kidnap [P1]

"Good job Jungkook, you're all done for recording today," the producer said with a thumbs up to Jungkook, who was standing by the microphone in the recording studio. Jungkook nodded back and smiled as he took off his headphones and walked out, approaching the producer. "It sounded amazing as always Jungkook."

"Thank you Producer-nim," Jungkook thanked the producer with a wide smile. It had been three days since he and his hyungs had ran into Dr. Kai at the grocery store and then again at the beach when they went to go visit Y/N. He and the others had visited her during the evenings for all three days and hadn't spotted Dr. Kai lurking at all. Still, they continued to keep their guards up and were always keeping watch in case if Dr. Kai did ever come around. During the day of these three days, the members spent them recording their new songs in their new album. They were being close to done with recording. Only a few members left to go. Jungkook was done with his recording, so he was happy and relieved that he got it done.

"Alright, go and rest for the day. Can you call in Taehyung? He's up next," the producer voiced, earning a nod from Jungkook as he grabbed his water bottle then left the recording studio. He made his way back to the dorm and entered. He looked around and most of the members sitting in the living room. He approached them slowly. They smiled at him when they saw him.

"Taehyungie hyung, you're up next," Jungkook called out to Taehyung, who sighed a bit at that, but soon stood up and walked past him, patting his shoulder on the way out of the dorm. Once Taehyung had left, Jungkook headed to the kitchen and opened the fridge. He took out a small jug of banana milk and chugged a bit of it. As he closed the fridge door, Namjoon walked into the kitchen from the hallway.

"Oh good you're back Jungkook," Namjoon said with excitement. Jungkook raised his eyebrow at that.

"What's up Namjoon hyung?" He asked his hyung with a curious expression.

"Ok, so I've been researching about Dr. Kai's research facility. They have a website and he's started posting that they've found a new discovery," Namjoon began to explain as he showed the younger one printed pages of the website. Jungkook looked through it with his hyung and his eyes widened as he glanced at his hyung worriedly.

"He's talking about Y/N here, I know it," Jungkook muttered as he eyed the latest post on the website. Namjoon nodded in agreement. "We have to do something hyung."

"I know..," Namjoon replied with a nod as he sighed, "Oh! But I did find something that might be helpful to us to use against Dr. Kai." Jungkook's eyes widened with curiosity as his hyung took out another printed piece of paper. The paper showed the headlines from a newspaper. The date read 2014 and the main headline had a picture of a younger looking Dr. Kai, except his hair was messy and he had large framed glasses on his face. Jungkook's eyes widened in utter shock. "Recognize him?"

"That's Dr. Kai!" Jungkook exclaimed in surprise. His shrill voice could be heard from the living room. The other members were curious and walked into the kitchen to see what all the fuss was about.

"Jungkook, Namjoon, what's going on? What are you looking at?" Hoseok asked curiously as he and the other members glanced at the printed images. When they saw the image of the young Dr. Kai their eyes widened. "Whoa, wait, is that Dr. Kai?" Jungkook and Namjoon nodded.

"Yeah and it says here that he was arrested for using unconventional ways like stealing and kidnapping for his research, so he's done this sort of thing before," Namjoon mentioned as he pointed to a specific line in the article, "He got 6 years of jail time for it. I had to do a lot of digging around in order to find this though."

"Well, we know one thing for certain, it's clear as day that he'll use unconventional ways to get what he wants and if he's done kidnapping in the past for research then he'll probably do it again," Yoongi commented with a serious expression. The other members nodded in agreement to that. "I think it's safe to say that Y/N is in grave danger if she lands in the hands of that scientist."